Roon Core Machine

WINDOWS 11

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP link AC1750 and router / modem

Connected Audio Devices

PS AUDIO Perfect Wave with Bridge II

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon on my computer: then I can choose Roon in Audio and play (although there is a mention about the certificatie, Roon is working)

Roon installed on a Intel NUC 11 pro i5: I can see the PS audio in the list. But it doesnot connet; it is saying that there is no certificate

What is wrong

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 and
NUC → NUC 11th Gen Pro, i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

• 8 GB
  • 256 gb m2 SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP LINK TL-WR940N

Connected Audio Devices

The network is checkt: when log-in the router I can see that my PS audio is connected

On NUC ROON is running: I can use it for playing on Iphone or Sonos
However: I see listed the PS audio, but also after replacing my old accesspoint to the current TP-link TL-WR940N, I can not select PS Audio because it is not certified.

Today I called also PS AUDIO: the checked with me the settings on PS AUDIO: all shoot run. Al flags are green.

I reboot all equipment, disconnect and connect again etc. with no succes.

ROON keeps saying: PS audio is not has no certificate.
PS audio informed that is not the case: it has.

What to do

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Further info: screenprint from ROON page.

below app MCONNECT: LAN IP psaudio is192.168.178.224

below: screenprint router, with the 192.168.178.224 (is ps audio) connect well
PS audio saying all connection are good and working

A post was merged into an existing topic: new Roon Rock sees PS audio, cannot connect. Roon on PC in same network plays well

OKAY SOLUTION

Before: check in your main router the attached devices: ROON ROCK should be listed and also your device.
(if you have a second router which is not in bridge (installed as accesspoint) you get conflicting IP adresses. }

SOLUTION

When ROON is connecting to a device, it checks if it is certified.
When you have old firmware of your device (which was my case) ROON doesn’t recognises and says: not certified.
–>So update your firmware of your device, the ROON will recognise the device.

The firmware of the PS AUDIO should be updated: see website and below

Be Aware: to update the firmware PSAUDIO you download it on a SD card with memory 2 gb-max 32gb
—> (this info is directly from PS Audio USA, it was the case for my PS Audio perfectwave from 2010).

After doing this it works and Roon can connect with PS AUDIO

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.