Qobuz 192khz stream keeps stopping

With Roon 1.7 build 505 Roonserver is stopping and restarting 9 seconds in when streaming at 192khz on Qobuz. The track is Billie Holiday’s “Stars Fell on Alabama” from album “Distingue’ Lovers”. The same track from Tidal is MQA encoded and plays just fine.

Hi @Larry_Mitchell,

I have split your post into it’s own thread so we can better troubleshoot this behavior.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this behavior occur for multiple 192khz albums on Qobuz or only for this one?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Just to rule out the song itself, I just played the Qobuz stream successfully. Hope you get it sorted

@noris, I have the same problem. Since 1.7 I cannot stream anything above 44.1khz from Qobuz. I have randomly tried several albums both 96khz and 192khz and the behavior is the same. I get a stutter at about 10/12 secs in and then roon skips to the next track.

Hi @Tony_Casey,

Have you tried logging out and back into Qobuz on Roon? Is the behavior the same across multiple endpoints? Does local 192 files display the same behavior?

Thanks @noris

Logging out and back into Qobuz on roon has cured the skipping after 10/12 secs. I’ll report back if I get any other track skipping behavior. But no problems with 96khz and 192khz after a few tracks.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Process pinning on AudioLinux