Qobuz Album won't sync to Roon?

THANK YOU for getting Qobuz integrated into Roon. The complexity of my setup has just been reduced significantly.
I have the following album in my Qobuz favorites:

Roon refuses to show it in my Qobuz favorites. The Qobuz windows desktop app shows it.
What could be wrong here?

Hey @jacobacci – we think we understand the issue here, and we’re working to get it resolved. It will take at least a few days, but we’ll let you know how things are going.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks @mike

Hi @mike I have a similar issue, I purchased two albums but only one is visible in Roon, searching for the album also does not work while it shows up fine in the qobuz app.

Hey @Maru – can you provide a link to the album on the Qobuz website?

Thanks!

Sorry should have thought about that before.

https://play.qobuz.com/album/0730003707391

That’s the album

@mike , possibly redundant as you indicated to be on top of this issue with syncing favourites with Qobuz, but I found similar behaviour:

• just added two Qobuz albums to the Roon library (‘Add Album To Library’ while playing from Roon Radio on android tablet.
  • both albums are immediately visible on the (Roon) Albums view.
  • neither album is immediately visible on the (Roon) Qobuz=>My Qobuz=>Favourite Albums view. And remain invisible in this view after an explicit sync request under Settings=>Services=>Qobuz.
  • the albums are however visible on Qobuz itself, under favourites => releases, so that side is ok.
  • also, the new additions are visible on a separate roon remote (android phone usefully within reach)
  • on the Roon remote where I made the additions, these become visible (under Qobuz=>My Qobuz=>Favourite Albums) after a) disabling and re-enabling Qobuz; or b) closing and re-opening the Roon Remote app.

Perhaps this helps to narrow things down?

@jacobacci Hi Rudi, this should be fixed now.

Hi @Maru. Thanks for the link. There’s definitely something funny going on here and we’re investigating this with Qobuz.

This album is only available for purchase via download: The copyright owner rejects the streaming of this content. You can download this album or play snippets of 30 seconds in MP3 320 format.

May be this is the reason you don’t see it.

K%26D

1 Like

Wow didn’t realize such licensing existed, well spotted.

Good spot @StereJo.

This is almost certainly what is going on: our metadata from Qobuz say that no region has streaming rights, and we won’t import a Qobuz (or TIDAL) album into your library if it’s not streamable.

It is confusing that, at first glance, the tracks are playable, but only for 30 seconds (if you are that patient). Oddly, I’m not getting that “Only for download” message in Qobuz’s app, nor via the web player. Where is that image coming from?

It’s the buy it screen, I was intrigued so clicked every button.

I searches for this album in my Qobuz account (Firefox Browser). Path:

https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/the-kd-sessions-tm-kruder-dorfmeister/0730003707391

Screenshot:

The hint is unfortunately only one line, one can not read it completely. But if you have “Allow text to be marked with the keyboard” in Firefox enabled, you can set the cursor in the first position and mark the textline with “shift >> end” and copy it.

1 Like

Indeed it is. The album appears now and I am listening to it as I write this.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi @mike, @joel

I am listening to new music during daytime using the Qobuz website. Stuff I like is added to my favourites. On multiple occasions it happened that only a subset of my recently added favourites is added to my Roon library when I am at home and start Roon Remote for the first time.

This is what I see in my Roon library as I am writing these lines

grafik

The albums within the red brackets have been added to my favourites in Qobuz all around the same time in the afternoon (approx. 2-3 hours ago)

I am having a similar issue. When I add a favorite to Qobuz, it will not show up in my Roon Library. This happens since a few days, possibly since the last update. Did not have this issue before.
The album does, however, show up in Roon when I click on Qobuz – My Qobuz – Favourite Albums. What to do?
Edit: Before these more recent problems, I was able to solve the issue by adding an album via Roon directly, which would then cause a complete re-sync (I guess), resulting in all Qobuz favourites showing up in the library. This workaround however does not work anymore.

Only solution I have found is to manually click on ‘add album’ when viewing the the album within Qobuz favourites.

That does work, but you are adding the album twice then, as it were. Would love to see this fixed.

Hi @909,

We are investigating this syncing issue with Qobuz — We will be sure to keep you updated when we have new information available. We appreciate you reaching out!