Qobuz albums not available in Roon

I use ROCK and I have a connected subscription to Qobuz.

I have a couple of albums that are “not available” in Roon. They are available in Qobuz.

The last album this has happend with I played once in Roon and I selected this album as a favorit. It took some effort to get them selected as a favorit in Roon. At the end it showed in the listing as selected.

Trying to play them again failed because “not available” in Roon. I am not able to undo the “favorit selection”. If I try Roon seems to have done it but it did not. The same is relevant for a couple of other albums in the past.

I can select these albums in Qobus and play them however. They areavailable in Quobus.

How can I fix this error

Ernst-Jan

Examples would be very helpful

St. Germain album Tourist. The live version, is the last album this happen with. It is added to the library, they icon is displayed in the album cover. I can not remove it from the library. In “recent activity” it cannot be found.

When did you add the album to your library?

It happens that Qobuz removes a version from the catalog and replaces it with a new one, e.g., because of licensing changes. The new one then has a different ID and Roon does not know that the new ID replaces the old ID.

If you added the old version to your Roon library before it was replaced by Qobuz, it stays in your library and is marked “unavailable”. You have to search in Roon again and then you should find the new version.

I can’t find a live version of this album, but the first track of the Remastered version is live. I have these versions in Qobuz and Tidal, and they are all available in Roon for me. You should be able to add this version to your Roon library again:

There seems to be an issue with then removing the old, unavailable album from your Roon library. This was discussed, e.g., in this thread. Note that there is a workaround at the end:

The workaround means to go to the old, unavailable album. Then go to the album’s Edit button > Re-Identify. Roon will try to re-identify it, and then it may be possible to remove it. If this does not work, try Edit > Identify and pick any album (it does not have to be the correct one, any should work). And then try removing it again.

1 Like

Also, if you are in the Qozuz app, find the album under your favorites and un-heart the album, then refresh Qobuz in the Roon app, they will be removed.

1 Like

I had problems getting the Stones latest single to show up, sometimes it just takes a couple of days extra for some reason…

This can happen with very new releases, either because Qobuz itself has only 30 seconds samples before the release day or because around release day it misses the cutoff time for Roon as explained here:

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated daily, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.

But this is not the issue here because St. Germain’s Tourist has an original release date in 2000 and the Remastered version in Qobuz shows a release date in 2011. Most likely the version was exchanged as explained above

Hi, thanks for te reply.

I don’t know what you mean by “the edit function”. I can not find it in the Roon app.
I’m also not able to delete “unavailable” albums from the library. I can select the albums but then they are not removed. I also found that often the low res record is available but the hi res seems to be the problem. Today I added “Spirits” Daniel Lazokovich to my library. The same happend. I can not remove it. The low res album works fine. Also both are in Kobus. Also now found an other album of Daniel that has the same problem.

The workaround is not clear to me.

This problem is getting annoying.

Every album in your library has this menu button and Edit is in the menu:

Then you will find Identify and Re-Identify in the ALBUM OPTIONS. (Scroll down if you can’t see Re-Identify)

1 Like

Well, this is interesting… The only thing I get in the menu is share, no export, no edit.
Via share there is a edit function for the resting I can share. So maybe I am on a different software release? There is no share or re-identify entry in my menu.

So what can be wrong here. Are there differences in prescription? I have a lifetime. I have the latest update.

Ernst-Jan

Can you please provide a picture of your Album screen?
Dirk

If no edit shows then you’re looking at an entry that’s not been added to your Roon library. Any albums that had been added gives the edit option.

Like @CrystalGipsy says above, if you don’t have the edit option, the album is not in your Roon library. The full set of Roon features is only available for albums in the library.

I am sorry to say that the asumption you all make is wrong. The album’s i mentioned are in my library. The icon proving this is in the album. In the menu they are shown as added to the library. These albums show as not available. I cannot get them out of my library. If I try this it does not work.

Albums that are in the library and work normally I can get them out of the library without any issues. But also with this albums the above mentioned menu items are not available.

Operating system Version 1.0 (build 259)
Roon server Version 2.0 (build 1311)

I use android to manage roon

On a phone or tablet? Editing is not available on phones at all, just on tablets and full PC versions

I use a tablet and a phone. On the tablet editing is also not available.

I have no pc version, I use a nuc. So what is the trick with my setup to get my issue solved? Do I have a possibility to edit directly in the nuc?

Thanks for your help by the way…

It should. Maybe the album is in such a weird, broken state that Roon thinks that it’s both in the library and not editable. I don’t know

That doesn’t matter, it’s just about whether the remote runs on Windows, Mac, tablet, or phone. The Edit option should exist in every kind of remote except the phone.

No idea what now. I guess we’ll need Roon support to look into your logs if they can see what’s wrong with the state of the album

Are you sure the Edit function is enabled on Android tablets? It is on iPad.
I will try to check this evening
Dirk

Yes I am, I had an Android tablet for a long time with Roon. Unless this recently changed, but I’d think this would be a bug.

At least if the tablet is actually tablet size and not so small that it is considered a phone format. I guess this may be the case with some 7" or so Android tablets. Good point.

I am on my android S6 tablet and editing an album in my libtary, but there’s a trick, you have to be rotated in landscape mode, if you rotate to portrait mode, no edit option.

3 Likes