Qobuz and speed

Can I just say when roon is logged into qobuz, you can enjoy half the speed as when not logged in, and frankly its getting worse.

Half the speed of what? Roon, Internet ?

I’m running Roon core on a NUC8i7 with gigabit connection out in the world. I see no difference in performance with Qobuz connected or not in Roon. I’m also using Tidal integration (in addition to Qobuz) in Roon.

Its absolutely on its arse here. If qobuz is turned on, then going into an artist etc is like syrup, in some case I wait until it errors out. Its not been this bad before. But it has been bad since I went to qobuz from tidal. everything is slow when qobuz is turn on.

I deactivate qobuz and immediately roon is back to lightning fast.

@Gareth_Irwin You might want to open a support case for this issue?

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Clearly something is amiss here, so I’ve moved you topic to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist your, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hello @Gareth_Irwin,

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for letting us know of the slowness of Roon + Qobuz. We’d love to help.

Would you please share the additional details that @Carl has already asked for? (thanks @Carl :pray: )

Hi

roon server is on a 32 core server 96 gigs ram,

Internet is 350 down 16 up

Various end points

All networking is unifi

With qobuz enabled in roon, search and even just going into artists is slow, rubbish

turn it iff and roon behaves as expected

Quboz app on its own, no problem
No other network issues

I have UniFi gear too, 50Mbps/40Mbps, Qobuz, Ubuntu Server on Zotac CI662 nano, 16MB memory, 4TB SSD. No Qobuz lag.

Hi Gareth, I can appreciate the situation with Roon/Qobuz is frustrating for you.

A little more information would help @support and any of the other experienced users to assist you in identifying/resolving the issue.

A couple of questions, if I may:

Which DNS address are you using for your network?

Is Unifi reporting anything unusual with downlink and uplink speeds when running Qobuz?

Hi all other network functions run fine, speed test from the router and from clients is 360+ down. The only issue I am aware of on my network is qobuz brings the speed of roon down substantially. Always has done (for the couple of months I have used it) gotten much worse this week. (although tonight it is better)

Unifi reports no unusual activity

DNS is google 8.8.8.8

Hey Gareth, it sounds like this might be performance related. Connecting to a streaming service allows Roon to unlock more insights about your library so you can discover new music, but that does mean a heavier load on your machine.

Can you tell me more about this machine? What’s the CPU chipset? What else does this machine do other than run Roon? It’d also be helpful to know how large your local library is. Thanks!

1 Like

Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650. 55k songs. Plex, time machine and other things running on this server, I feel like its not the server, its barely warm currently using 7% of available ram.