Qobuz Better Than Tidal Now (for me)

Hi All,

Great info here…I’ve not performed the Platform > Platform match as yet but I’m assuming at the end of the process soundiiz gives you the stats, i.e. 500 Tidal albums been converted to 480 Quobuz albums? Does it specifically highlight which albums didn’t match?

Also if my primary TIDAL version is 192 or 96 MQA…will Soundiiz match similar bit-rate albums, i.e. 96 MQA > 96/24 in Quobuz (if available) or will I end up having to check all versions to ensure my primary is the highest res possible?

Cheers all
Matt

Soundizz gives you an overview of successful and unsuccessful transfers at the end of the platform → platform option. You can also download this as a CSV file. You can then manually check the unsuccessful ones. As long as the title and the name of the performer matches exactly, you can rely on a good match. Soundizz does not take other file properties into account, as far as I know.

Roon should always automatically select the file version with the best specs after this session.

Just give it a try!

I’ve just run my 1st Platform > Platform conversion & the CSV file is nit very user friendly…any tips of converting to a normal excel file so I can form columns & more easily analyze?

You can (at least I can) open it in Excel…

All good, I worked it out…Dissapointing number of albums not found BUT…I’ve manually found 4/6 simply searching but ROON is very slow at the moment, no doubt managing my library, importing 1391 albums :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Well I’m keeping Qobuz but I agree with you on their music library. I have a dual Spotify account with my son so I cant wait for lossless to come this year. Looks like Apple is coming out with theirs in June.

Take the CSV results with a grain of salt - you may find that many on there saying not found were actually found and imported. Best to sort by artist and found/not found and then go through your library and check before freaking out.

The problem is not the results in the CSV file (which were correct in my case) but the differences in the album titles between Tidal and Qobuz. They make you think that those titles are not available in Qobuz.
Anyway, Q library is missing quite a few titles …

I prefer Qobuz over Tidal, but have both. I am hoping for a Deezer roll out. If Deezer is available, I’d drop Tidal.

1 Like

Anyone noticed how slow ROON is of late. I appreciate I’ve been making some big changes to my library with bigger files but it’s very slow, even to edit, delete album, add to library etc…

1 Like

Pretty sure that must be user specific as nothing untoward here.

Can you do a Qobuz v.s. Files-on-disk transfer/match? Roon does allow you to export an Excel file…

I suspect they’re well aware of Soundiiz, and are subtly changing things so that matches fail.

All the major players in this game must be aware of Soundiiz. If you have the dominant share of the user base then you may want to make it more difficult to migrate to another service but everybody that’s playing catchup would want migration to be easy and effective. Right?

1 Like

Of course. I’m not sure why I didn’t realize that as I was writing. Dumber than I think I am, as usual!

1 Like

Dissapointing that this conversion doesn’t make the Qobuz version the primary? I’m having to manually change this…I suppose if/when I drop Tidal these will fall off & the Qobuz version will automatically become the primary?

Yes, that will happen.
Unfortunately, Roon lacks the option to set this as a preference. And that’s a shame for people like me who want to keep both services active in Roon.

I just saw that Soundizz has the option ‘import playlist’. Today I’m going to try to export some local albums from Roon in an Excel file and import them into Soundizz.

Qobuz’s iPhone app is terrible .

The only app I have come across I thought was very good was Spotify’s.

Tidal app is better than Qobuz

Yes - but as someone who has used Tidal for a number of years I have around 80 to 90 albums from Tidal in my ROON music library that don’t exist in Qobuz. By and large these are albums that constitute a very large percentage of what I listen to most often these days.

I would miss these albums immensely were I to switch to Qobuz. It doesn’t matter that Qobuz may have albums that don’t exist on Tidal. I don’t know what these are and so I don’t miss them!

1 Like