QOBUZ content does not play

Since 2-3 weeks the QOBUZ songs cannot be played anymore via Roon. No change in network or hardware gear. Suddenly it just stopped working. If I try to play the songs directly in Qobuz there is o problem. The issue arises only in the Roon app. Locally stored albums do play perfectly. Just streaming via Qobuz does not work anymore.

Any known issues with that or any idea what to do?

My Roon core runs on a iMac.

Best regards,
Stefan

1 Like

I am currently playing Qobuz content via Roon… So not a general problem, I’m afraid.

If memory serves, in the past such situation was sometimes resolved by login out of Qobuz (within Roon), waiting for all Qobuz entries to disappear from your library, and then logging on again (Qobuz entries come back after a while).

Hope you get the issue resolved.

–Jan

1 Like

As Jan_Stes states, did you try logging out of Qobuz through Roon, reboot the Roon Core and then log back into Qobuz through Roon. I have experienced this same hiccup with Tidal and Qobuz and the log out, reboot core, log in fixes it. If you are using Ethernet switches, that can cause a problem too, reboot the Ethernet switches if you have them. Hope you get it fixed up!

Thanks for your hints. Yes, I tried that already before I wrote the post above. Meanwhile I figured out that the DNS server seems to be the problem. I replaced the DNS server in my Network settings now by 1.1.1.1 and it works again. I can’t tell you why but I found that in another forum and it seems to solve the problem…

It is all magic, haha, glad you got it figured out. It sucks when this technology does not work.

Hi there, I’m still having the same issues with QOBUZ in Roon. I now deactivead IPv6 on my router and also used a different DNS server (8.8.8.8 rather than the one from my provider). I rebooted the Router and the Roon core several times but nothing worked really. Qobuz plays for some tie and suddenly after switching to a new song it just stops playing for several minutes (up to 20 min).

Network is fast enough (> 25 Mbit/s), Roon Core is running on a fast iMac (i7, 4.s GHz), it’s just strange…

Any new ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

meanwhile and after reading several posts here in the Roon forum I found out that the „cache“ seems to play a certain - maybe central - role here.

As written before my Roon core runs on an iMac and Roon creates a big folder in the library/Roon directory, called „cache“. There are two separate subfolders here named „qobuz“ and another one wit qobuz in its name where I forgot the exact name.

Anyway - deleting of the „cache“ folder sometimes solves the problem - at least for some minutes before the problem with not playing the Qobuz contents starts again.

The cache/qobuz folder in the library contains one file with a long encrypted name. If I copy that file from a running/well working session later into the cache folder again (during an interrupted session) it starts to work again.

So I don’t know the details but I asume that there is a certain issue with that file in the cache that sometimes prevents to load the Qobuz content via Roon. Maybe that might help some technical experts to figure out the problem?

Best regards and thanks a lot,
Stefan

You might want to open a Support request in the #support category of the forum, and give full details of your setup and findings there. That way your issue will get dealt with and discussed with the dev team if necessary. Thanks.

OK, done! I added it to an existing thread on a QOBUZ/Roon problem:

1 Like