———————

Roon Server Machine

NUCLEUS PLUS

Networking Gear & Setup Details

XFINITY ROUTER, I can’t readily see the model. Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

CHORD QUTEST DAC VIA USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Since I don’t use my desktop to play Roon, I can’t imagine how the specs will help, but here they are.
HP PAVILION, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700 2.10 GHz, 16GB

—————-

I listen to Qobuz via a Roon Nucleus Plus.

Lately the Qobuz Favorites Page no longer opens when I want to look at it on my Windows 11 desktop via the Qobuz app (usually to add/remove a recording when I’m in my office, or to copy paste images in music forums. [It doesn’t work to use my iPad]).

All of the other pages open (Discover, My Playlists, Magazines, Purchases).

A few days ago I turned off my Nucleus Plus and the folder opened in a few seconds. I turned it back on and sure enough the folder won’t open again. It worked for a while if I signed out of Qobuz on my Nucleus or the Qobuz app on my desktop, but now the pages won’t load again.

Here is a screenshot:

Any suggestions? (I reached out to Qobuz, but none of their suggestions helped.)

What “folder” are you talking about? You can see your favored albums on the Qobuz site or in your Roon Library under Albums. Of course, those are only links to the actual music files on Qobuz.

If you can’t see your albums in Roon - My Library - Albums, try changing the sort order.

The Favorites folder as mentioned in the title and the second sentence. I CANNOT see them in the Qobuz app.

This is Roon, not Qobuz. If you’re asking about Qobuz, maybe you should ask them. You still have not explained what “folder” you’re taking about.

EDIT: Why are you fooling with the Qobuz app? You can add and delete Qobuz albums in your Roon library using Roon.

This is the Qobuz app but you are posting on the Roon forum.

1 Like

Yes, because I clicked on the Qobuz thread here on the Roon forum. My Roon Nucleus seems to be causing the problem and I’m hoping to find a solution. I have also contacted Qobuz.

Your Nucleus will not cause issues with another computer running Qobuz app.

Can you reproduce this every time?

Thinking about it, it will not be a Nucleus problem as such, but I suppose it’s possible that you have some configuration problem causing this, probably on the local network.

When this happens, i.e., the Nucleus is running:

• Can you access the internet with a browser on the machine where the Qobuz app problem occurs?
  • Does Roon work or fail as well?

I am thinking something like an IP address collision between the computer with the Qobuz app and the Nucleus. This would mean that nothing else that uses the network on either machine would work well or at all.

That would be the only logical explanation. If it’s set as fixed on the device and the others DHCP.

1 Like

Yes, it happens every time.

Yes, I can connect to the internet while the Nucleus is running.

I don’t have Roon installed on my desktop.

This is only a recent development, as I had no such problems until an update or two ago.

Weird

You could try. Or try if you can reach the admin page of the Nucleus while the Qobuz app problem occurs. Try going to http://nucleus in a browser. If you can reach it, please post a screenshot of this page. If you can’t what is the error message in the browser?

It would also help if you could post a screenshot of the router’s admin webpages, there should be one where it lists all devices that are connected to it, with IP addresses.

Is the machine with a Qobuz app a Windows machine or a Mac?

I got this error message with that link:

My desktop is a Windows machine.

All of the other pages (perhaps folders was the wrong word) work just fine: Discover, Magazine, My Playlists, and Purchases. Only Favorites won’t open, so I don’t think it’s a network or IP issue; otherwise, none of those pages would open.

The only thing I can think of to try is go to Roon - Settings - Services and log out of Qobuz. Then, see if you can log into your Qobuz Favorites. Next, go back to Roon and log into Quboz from within Roon.

It’s almost like Roon is locking up your Qobuz Favorites somehow.

EDIT: Keep Roon running to test this. Maybe this will “release” the Qobuz Favorites from Roon, if that is even a possible issue. IDK.

I shut Roon off this morning and I could see my Favorites. I turned it back on, refreshed the Favorites page, and it wouldn’t open.

Did you ever visit the admin page of the Nucleus before? And if so, now?

True, but I am out of other ides

I signed out of Qobuz and left Roon running–I can see my Favorites. I logged back in and I can still see my Favorites! Weird. Well, I’ll see how long this lasts. Thank you!

2 Likes

So, you’re welcome. Somehow, Roon had your Qobuz Favorites locked up. I guess it’s possible the problem was on your end, not actually on the Qobuz end. Anyway, it’s fixed now. Please mark my post as a solution.

1 Like

I don’t see a way to mark it as a solution, at least none of the visible icons offer that option.

You earlier asked why I bother with the Qobuz app. When I’m in my office I use it to add/remove files, plus I use the covers to post what I’m listening to in various classical music forums.

1 Like

Its not in a support thread, just a general discussion, so it does not have that option to mark as solution. Very odd that this caused your issue not once heard of this happening since they added Qobuz or in TIdal, not sure how it could actually do it but its sorted so thats good.