QOBUZ feedback thread

Here’s one example

If I search “Linus Roth” using Roon search, I get 12 albums, 2 singles, and 2 appearances (all from Qobuz).

Hmm no, this album is not available on Qobuz in Colombia… I’ve searched on both the Qobuz app and through Roon…

1 Like

You might put in a request with Qobuz.

I wonder if since Qobuz is newly available there it will take a little time for licenses to update?

See the difference?

Yeah, big difference here. Here’s some of the Roon search results I get (all are on Qobuz. I don’t have another streaming service)

1 Like

Have you thought of trying a VPN (Virtual Private Network)?

Me again. I still really would like to be able to ditch Tidal but I keep finding problems. eg.

In Roon I search for “It’s Your World” by Gil Scott-Heron. Roon finds it OK and lists it but when I hit play it shows the NightRider “busy” indicator for abot 15 seconds and then a little white on black pop up appears with “This track is not currently available from Qobuz”.

So, I click on “versions” and Roon shows me both a Tidal version and a Qobuz version. If I select the Tidal version it plays just fine.

To confuse things further… I run the Qobuz desktop app on Windows and search for the album there… it finds it and plays it just fine.

I’ve got screenshots if anyone needs to see them but it looks easily reproducible to me anyway.

Any ideas what is going on?

Plays fine here in Germany…
:thinking:

Same in the UK.

@Andrew_Beveridge Try removing it from your library, restart your core and add it again.

It happens to me occasionally and this trick works

It’s not in my library. It’s just something I searched for.
Search finds the Qobuz version but it fails to play.
Selecting “Versions” and picking the Tidal version, or searching with Qobuz disabled, and then the Tidal version plays fine.
Qobuz was searching fine from within Roon and showing albums OK and it was paying fine for other recently played playlists but I just signed out of Qobuz in Roon and now Roon won’t sign back in again… eventually timing out with a red message overlay “Network error: Please check your connection”.
Desktop qobuz app for Windows is working fine on the same Windows 10 PC though.

OK, I remote-desktopped into the server, closed roon server, then restarted it.
Then went back into Roon settings on my PC and set it to log-in to Qobuz again.
That seems to have sorted it.
At least I didn’t have to reinstall anything.
To be fair something similar did happen with Tidal a few weeks ago too…Tidal had just stopped working in Roon until I rebooted the server,

Easy to forget that Roon is not just a local app, there is the server part too.

Weird how it had been able to search and browse Qobuz just fine though, just would not play :-/

Not in this thread, despite a few questions. It seems the official position is silence. I’m sure there’s a reason for this, but in the absence of any explanation we are free to speculate. :smiley:

Have you tried running through the direct Qobuz links? Show your big Qobuz heart and Roon knows these albums after syncronization too.

Linus Roth Qobuz

Challenge Classics Qobuz

Signum Classics Qobuz

There is a reason but it is impossible to tell you. But nothing is fixed in time.

That’s fine, thank you for the response. One day it will happen.

Hi @David_Craff,

The Qobuz app’s don’t have R128 normalization (at least on macOS and iOS which I use). Are you considering adding a normalization feature?

Would be great with playlists in the car and with headphones on the go. And off course with the new continue playing feature!

Love your service!

Yes, this is planned, but first, we need to improve our players.

• Our desktop player needs more stability
  • The one on the iOS app is currently undergoing a complete overhaul/recoding.
4 Likes

Hope you are not changing the layout. It’s perfect :slight_smile: Nice and clean.

Same goes for the desktop app :stuck_out_tongue:

Only the player code not the UI

4 Likes

@David_Craff

Ha :slight_smile: I see what you guys did here. Much better placement. Looking good :+1:t2:

Also, what do you recommend is the best way to search my favourites? For example: I go to My Qobuz - My favourites - See all, then click Albums and search for “Brothers in arms” by Dire Straits and nothing comes up even though I have the album in my library. Happens with a lot of albums I have saved.