Qobuz gapless playback gone [Improvements released with Roon build 1202]

Glad it worked for you too…
It took a few permutations to find a fix… with that annoying wait in between the changes - to see if a transient error was going to re-appear or not… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It was particularly interesting since I had a particular endpoint that “seemed” to be more susceptible to going “gapped” than others - that’s the problem with potentially intermittent issues - you often question your own sanity!!

For clarity I don’t think it was more susceptible… but then again I can’t prove it - because I don’t know exactly what the fix actually did…

For my A&K ACRO L1000 DAC, another thing I did later - was to switch on the
“Use maximum Buffer size” toggle… it seems to have made the endpoint a bit more stable - where I did VERY occasionally have some unplanned slight pauses - I’ve not heard these again.

You can find that in advanced settings.
That toggle may not be available for all DAC’s (all mine are).

2 Likes

@David_Ford thank you, this worked for me as well. I tried it before, without an effect, but today it helped. And I deleted the sign in as you mentioned. I hope it lasts…

Glad it worked for you too.

As at 6pm local time (in 30 minutes) - mine will have been gapless with no issues on Qobuz for 3 days…
I too hope it lasts! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:You and me both

Logging out of Qobuz and logging back in restored gapless for me.
Thanks so much.

EDIT: Fun while it lasted.
With Dark Side Of The Moon the first two tracks were gapless (they hadn’t been since this issue cropped up)
Then gaps returned :disappointed:

Sorry to hear that.
Try doing it again… but…
perhaps in the period between deleting the Roon sign-in and re signing in - go to the Audio settings for your endpoint - select Advanced…
Then find the maximum Buffer switch and make sure that’s ON.
I can only suggest this - as a last resort, and hope it resolves the issue.
I think there is some form of issue within Roon and how it handles Qobuz because I did not have the issue with Tidal (I temporarily logged in with a friends account) when the Qobuz issues were problematic… same album - no problems.
Qobuz albums became gappy…

1 Like

Well this is odd……
Gapless returned after logging out and in.
Then to test gapless I scrubbed through a track to about 15 seconds before the end and there was a gap.
Let it run and the next tracks were gapped.
Then I started the album again and it was gapless.
Scrubbed through a few tracks and the album remained gapless this time.
Tried 2 other gapless albums and did some scrubbing: Gapless.

TL:DR Gapless is working again.
Will report back if it stops working.

EDIT: See my post below. Gapless seems to be working most of the time but not always.

1 Like

I think that this is a known issue - if you scrub through a track to near the end, then it screws up the mechanism that looks after gapless playing.

2 Likes

This is difficult to pin down.
Until recently gapless worked properly with or without scrubbing.
Then gapless stopped working entirely (only with Qobuz and only with Roon).
After logging out of Qobuz and back in today gapless is inconsistent.
It seems to be working most of the time.

Scrubbing a track sometimes breaks gapless and sometimes it doesn’t.

Weirder still, without scrubbing, some albums that are entirely gapless will have gaps in some tracks but not others. Yet I can restart the same album and it will play through entirely gapless……sometimes.

It’s quite possible there’s a variable here I’m missing or introducing.
I’ll keep trying.

3 Likes

Seems like us Roon users are in for a race from team Roon: what will get fixed first

1. search or
  2. gapless Qobuz playback.

My money is on an upgrade to Valance!!

1 Like

I really hope it’s gapless first and soon.
Search is sometimes less than ideal but I can eventually find what I’m looking for and enjoy listening.
Having the continuous flow of music interrupted by Roon ruins the experience.

2 Likes

I was having issues with my old router and so I picked up new router right when after Roon released build 1169 that broke the gasless functionality. At first I thought that gaps were just a part of streaming Qobuz via Roon but then I found this thread.

After a few weeks the current build 1182 was released and now the gaps are worse than they have ever been and getting worse by the day.

Please excuse my previous and now hidden post but sometimes my frustration with Roon gets the better of me. Nonetheless I eagerly the return to gapless Qobuz playback.

2 Likes

It’s gotta be the gapless problem. So much of my Qobuz list is now rendered unlistenable.

2 Likes

I recently (a couple weeks ago) moved to a lifetime subscription. I feel your pain acutely. I’ve been forced to stream Spotify! GASP!

3 Likes

Scarlet>GAP>Fire. :sob:

Why don’t you stream the Qobuz app?

I can report that in the past 2 weeks roon and qobuz is no longer gapless, but not all the time and not on all music samples. Inconsistency is the word. Tidal is fully gapless in roon on same albums / same resolution samples, so network issue is pretty much out of question. It’s worth investigating

In case more customers reporting helps, Roon/Qobuz gapless is not working for me. Hasn’t in a couple weeks. Switching to JRiver (I use a Sonore streamer) on the same computer (core machine) and gapless works like it always has.

1 Like

FWIW - 100% of Qobuz + Roon problems for me, save for a Qobuz outage, have been solved by logging out and back in of Qobuz from within Roon. Seems like something I have to do about once a month.

I’m running Roon Server on MacOS 13.1

2 Likes