Qobuz gapless playback gone [Improvements released with Roon build 1202]

Tried it over and over. Does NOT work. This is a bug introduced with a recent Roon update I’m convinced.

Sorry about that. Issues do come up for me, too, but that always fixed it. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. It’s a pain.

1 Like

Adding to this thread to add I’m having the same problem. Just bought Lifetime subscription ahead of the price increase, so fairly disappointed.

1 Like

Then there is a problem your just masking it by doing that. This should not have to be done at all, especially in a premium product.

1 Like

I just noticed that - not consistently - there is an insertion of sub-second (some times more than a second) gap where it should not. This does not happen every time though… I noticed it playing the 192k version of Pink Floyd’s Final Cut. Playing the same album on Tidal (44k) does not seem to have this issue…
Any thoughts?

Looks as if the good folk at Roon are aware, but it may be an awkward thing to solve:-

Michael

1 Like

Thank you @Michael_Curtis - I was not aware of this thread!
Let’s hope then…

1 Like

Add me to the list with this same problem. Never had this issue until recently and have been a lifetime member for years. I logged out of Qobuz, rebooted the core, signed back in and same issue. Gapless works fine thru Naim app playing Qobuz. It’s almost like it’s loading up each track at the beginning. The gap time is inconsistent. But any pause between songs is unacceptable. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

I have sent the support team more information about the problem, as it keeps occurring in a totally unreproducible manner, regardless of the endpoint, and regardless of whether DSP or volume levelling are active or not.
Support confirmed that they are still looking for the cause.

Support also confirmed that there is already a known issue with Sonos devices in this regard.

I’ll stay tuned…

Merry Christmas everyone.

3 Likes

The buffering is working differently with Qobuz to how it did. On starting to play an album, it buffered tracks 1 and 2. When track 2 became current, it buffered track 3. When track 3 became current, it buffered track 4. Etc until the last track became current, when no buffering was necessary. Now it buffers each track as it begins. So, I think the delay in starting each track is down to having to partially fill the buffer before play can begin.

7 Likes

I’m also experiencing this, but only occasionally. Its still pretty annoying as it ruins the listening experience. This never happened with local files or Tidal.

My setup: Mac mini wired to mesh main, Ropiee wired to mesh satellite, USB to DAC.

2 Likes

This describes the issue as I experience it really well. Buffering is done when needed and not in advance.

I have noticed that all this does not happen to music in FLAC 44/16. Uninterrupted playback works with it. Only from FLAC 48/24 will there be interruptions!!!

1 Like

My gapless playback on Qobuz has also disappeared, but only when I use Roon. When I use the app that comes with the streamer (Auralic Altair G1) it works okay. So the issue is not with Qobuz, it’s an issue with Roon - and it is so critical that currently using Roon for me is not an option.

2 Likes

Not for me. Happens with all formats.

Roon Core Machine

Regular desktop PC that runs Roon, 8GB i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Auralic Altair G1, connected via the home network

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Altair G1, connected via the home network

Number of Tracks in Library

Not much, I do a new Qobuz search everytime and there’s hardly anything in the library

Description of Issue

Since a few weeks all of a sudden there is a gap between tracks. Even in Handels Messiah between the Air O thou that tellest good tidings and the Chorus O thou that tellest good tidings, there is a few seconds pause. Where Handel obviously meant this to be one! These should not be separate songs.

Can somebody please tell me what’s wrong? Because of this - criticial - issue I am much better off now using the Auralic app.

Thanks for any help, Roy

1 Like

It also happens on 16/44 stuff but it is less noticeable because the pause is shorter - I assume because there’s significantly less data to grab before play is allowed to begin.

Yesterday was a disaster but the buffering appears to be working normally today for me at least and gapless is working. We’ll see what tomorrow brings!

Chris

The slow response by Roon - or actually the lack of response - shows how much their focus is on adding new stuff while completely overlooking the basics. Totally out of touch with reality, added value is negative! I am back to the Lightning DS app that comes with the G1 streamer.

5 Likes