Qobuz gapless playback gone [Improvements released with Roon build 1202]

On Christmas Day? Let’s be a little patient….

3 Likes

Exactly Mike.
Let’s remember the time of year and let’s just relax, enjoy the time with family and our own little peace on Earth for now.

2 Likes

This has been a pending issue since December 8… first reply was 4 days later. And all together now pending for 17 days. For something that is very very basic.

3 Likes

I ended up moving my core to a different part of the house hooked directly to the extender, which is hardwired, and no change in Qobuz gapless problem. I think this is something roon will need to fix in their end. But highly doubt this will get resolved until after the new year. It’s not critical and I’m sure they have limited staff until then. I can just use the Naim app if have albums that are continuous.

1 Like

Staff have been trying to consistently replicate the issue. Isolating the problem doesn’t appear to be straightforward.

1 Like

I don’t expect a fix on the holidays, but when they are back this should be fixed soon. Very jarring when you’re into an album. I’ve noticed it for the past few weeks but will stay tuned for an update.

3 Likes

We’ve been reporting this for a few weeks now. It probably got hidden by the noise from the “it must be your network” crew and the “mines okay, you must be doing something wrong” mob.

4 Likes

It’s not hidden - the thread title states “[Investigating]” - Roon labs are aware and are looking into the issue. The problem is that it is not affecting everyone, and appears to come and go. I occasionaly see it, but it’s not always present. It’s probably an issue in the CDN used to deliver Qobuz streams in Roon.

2 Likes

I was specifically replying to mikeb, for someone with such obvious dedication to the community and judging by his stats I would have thought that he would have been aware of how long long this issue has been reported. This isn’t just a Christmas Day thing.

3 Likes

How many times does it need to be stated that Roon are aware and are investigating?
I hardly think I need to state that this is NOT happening to everyone or even happening consistently.
This makes it extremely difficult to track down and nail the problem and a solution.
So I would please ask your patience in this matter and to just relax a little and remember it’s also supposed to be the season of Merry.
Sure does not look like it here I’m afraid!

13 Likes

We are officially past the holidays now, so I am hoping that we will see some update from @support on this issue. This issue is persistent enough for me, and as a result, an unacceptable listening experience, that I am considering no longer using Roon (the lack of gapless playback is not present in native streaming applications (Qobuz or Tidal - although the issue is mostly present in Qobuz via Roon). Hoping to hear something soon.

1 Like

When does the season of merry officially end? Might still be in effect, lunar new year is coming and what about festevis?
Just try to avoid any albums that are Gapless in the future :wink: Random playlists are always good fun.
Check back after new years perhaps :thinking:

I sure wish Roon had the instrumentation on our Core’s to see which users are experiencing this and other issues, when, and in a systematic way (so they weren’t pulling diagnostics one core at a time). Maybe they do. I have experienced this gapping behaviour a couple times in the past, so I’m very sympathetic to how aggravating it is. Haven’t had it in nearly e year - since early 2022 I think. That said, I’ve had different behavior (slow to start streaming, occasional skipped tracks). I know that some things have been related to issues on my home network, while I’m fairly sure that some others have been outside my perimeter. I wish Roon had a MOC (Music Operations Center, based on the idea of a NOC or Network Operations Center or SOC Security Operations Center) from which they could watch the performance of chains in real time and identify where there are issues that are fixable by them and issues that are only fixable by users, and alert users to issues that they can fix themselves and those that Roon are working on. Call me a dreamer.

Agreed. I understand that, across all platforms, this may be a challenging issue to reproduce; however, I can reproduce it consistently. I can demonstrate how a track will not be gapless with a Roon/Qobuz combination but is gapless with a Roon/Tidal combination (and also gapless with Qobuz without using Roon as its transport). Consistently. Every time.

I think this is a difficult problem to reproduce (and fix).
1-2 weeks ago, I listened to an album from Qobuz and it was not playing gapless. Today the same album is playing gapless. In my system/ network, no changes occurred during this time period.
So, even on the same system, in the same network, the same album may or may not be reproduced gapeless. It is difficult to diagnose something like this…

1 Like

In my direct communication with the support team, I was assured that they were already working on a solution and that they would be coordinating with the DEV team this week.

2 Likes

If this is so, I find it even more difficult to understand why they wouldn’t give a short and ‘official’ reassurance on this thread. A customer support team should do better than that…

As I said earlier - the thread title states “[Investigating]” and that is the official word from Roon Labs.

Actually @benjamin did respond, a while ago but he did.

So they are still working on it.

You can paint it any color you want; I think that this is a problem which for many weeks has been impacting many users and therefore merits better feedback and communication from the support team to its customers. Moreover, ‘Investigating’ is not the same as ‘Working on a solution’… and announcing this good news here would have gone a long way to calm down those affected by this. I’m probably being naive, but I still think that a customer support team should do better communicating back the state of affairs.

2 Likes