Qobuz genre doesn't stick, is this WAI?

On Roon 1.8 build 806 (actually it’s the same since 1.8), when switching to the Qobuz tab, the genre selection doesn’t stick after restarting Roon, am I missing anything?

1 Like

Hey @leafy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

So we can have an idea of what’s going on, could you please send us two screenshots of the Qobuz tab:

• one when the genre is visible
  • restart Roon and go to the same tab, where the genre “doesn’t stick”

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi @beka

Here is the one with selected genres in “Qobuz” tab

this is the one after restarting.

If I restart directly, it goes directly into the Qobuz tab, the setting is retained. But if right before restarting I click on “Home” and then restart to load Home tab first, the setting is gone.

1 Like

Hey @leafy,

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve looped in our technical team. They should have the information they need to make some suggestions.

Please, bear with us :pray:

This has been an outstanding issue for at least a year.

Could we please have some feedback from @support as to whether this is an intentional behaviour or is a bug?

1 Like

@support please may we have some feedback about this issue?

1 Like

Hey @Jez,

Absolutely! Thanks for following up and apologies for the delay :pleading_face:

Our technical and QA team have looked into this. It is a bug :bug: . There’s a ticket in :blush: .

We’ll follow up with updates :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @beka

This is not fixed, although it’s mentioned in the release notes as fixed. Am I missing anything here?

2 Likes

Hey @leafy,

What build of Roon is running on your Core?

1.8 build 884

Can confirm. This has not been fixed. I’m on 1.8 (8.8.4) as well (Win 10 64bit)

1 Like

Can also confirm this has not been fixed. Am on 1.8 884, Macmini M1 and iPad Pro 10.5. In the Roon app on my iPad the Qobuz zone will revert to “All” after some time.

1 Like

Hey @Jez @chauduyphanvu – in order to remain consistent with what we’re seeing in the Qobuz apps, we are not planning to have the Qobuz genre filters persist indefinitely.

However, if you want to always land on a specific set of genre filters, we have updated our bookmarks functionality to restore the genre filters in place when you set the bookmark.

So, for example, if you want to always land on Jazz + Classical, just set the filters and create a bookmark, then it should persist every time.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, albeit belated. If you want to stay consistent with Qobuz you should allow users to choose whether the genre selection is remembered or not. Here is the Qobuz settings screen. Notice the “Remember my genre selection” option.

Please will you reconsider your decision in the light of this.

3 Likes

I second that, my Qobuz has that setting turned on and never lost the genre selection.

2 Likes

Really terrible response! Just fix it!

1 Like

A feature request was created back in 2019. Please add your vote!
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-make-roon-remember-the-genre-selection/59958