Qobuz in Canada

Same here, didn’t received the trial offer. Although I signed up for the non-Roon trial so I’m not sure if I can even take advantage.

Product number is the same. Both versions are 44/16 (noMQA). Qobuz version doesn’t have a catalog number, but I would expect that to be the same. Wouldn’t something have to be different if they were different masters? I just checked RökFlöte, and the Tidal and Qobuz product numbers are different; Tidal has 2 versions (44/16 and MQA) and both have different product and catalog numbers.

Hi Jamie - I also did not receive the email offer, even though I too received the email about Fluency, etc. Thanks for checking into this.

Yes, but the music data, not necessarily the superficial numbers.

There also has to be something different in the first place for them to sound different

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The Qobuz album tiles on roon are stating everything is FLAC 44.1 -16 BIT where Qobuz is stating 192khz-24 bit in most recordings and I can’t figure out how to access the proper Hi-Res audio any help would be appreciated.

Are you using Qobuz in Canada?

If there is something different about the masters, then that info is not showing up in the credits section. I just listened to another 44/16 album, and compared the first track between Qobuz and Tidal (both had same product numbers). Qobuz was noticeably “punchier” (same SPL using iPad app), although I haven’t had a chance to evaluate all the other nebulous terms audiophiles use to describe SQ, including soundstage, organic, etc. :wink:

It is one thing for Qobuz to be better for hi-res, but I was expecting no difference for 44/16. Now I need to evaluate whether the difference is better or worse (or just different). And whether that is across the board or only on certain albums. First world problem :wink:

I didn’t say that it necessarily has to. The music industry is sloppy

1 Like

Unless it’s a remix Qobuz and Tidal rarely, if ever, give details about the master.

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has the same issue with Qobuz HiRes not showing on display. Every other app (Linn,Qobuz app) works fine and plays HiRes streaming,except Roon,which only streams in 16/44. I even went into settings to make sure streaming quality was set at 24/192 but it made no difference.
Any help is welcome.

In Canada?

Yes. Qobuz is officially available in Canada as of today. The Qobuz app works fine and plays HiRes files,but not Roon. I even tried signing off Qobuz in Roon and signing back on but no difference.

There’s a open thread
Roon is working with Quobuz on it

1 Like
2 Likes

Thank you for your reply and I’m glad to see that you’re working to resolve the issue. I looked at multiple versions of the same album and they are all displayed as 16/44, even for the ones that should have normally display HiRes version.
Thanks

2 Likes

If you log onto into your Qobuz account on a web browser, you can search for your favourite artists and find their hi res albums or you can look for any hi-res versions of your favourite albums

Yes. Not sure what to do with this info :slight_smile:

Hey gang, I’ve gotten quite a few PMs from folks who didn’t receive or missed seeing the Roon x Qobuz email we sent. You can access the exclusive Roon subscribers Qobuz Canada 60 day trial here.

If you have any issues with the form, please let Qobuz support know. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

3 Likes

If you log onto into your Qobuz account on a web browser, you can search for your favourite artists and find their hi res albums or you can look for any hi-res versions of your favourite albums

To this method above: True, you can see the file in Qobuz player but how do you migrate this high res file into Roon for playback?