Qobuz in Canada

if it has the hi-res label, it will play as hi-res in roon. So you favourite it and then sync services

First day with the software so not sure how to sync services…I chose an album but the player responded that I “could not add the release to your favourites” more to learn, of course

In web browser, choose a hi-res album and favourite it with a heart. Then, in Roon, go to settings, services and, logged into qobuz there, sync the two. The album should show up in your roon library at that point.

My thanks, got it. Warren

Thank you! I signed up for the public trial yesterday. This code cancelled the previous trial and gave me the new 60 days Roon x Qobuz trial.

1 Like

@Michel_Audet Hi Michel. I also signed up for public trial before learning about the Roon offer, I never got the the mysterious email notice; how did you get it to cancel the original sign up trial?

I’m not sure if this question best belongs here, but I’ll ask anyway: I wanted to try out the Quboz Hi-Res option so looked for some 192Khz albums on the Quboz web player. I decided on the Beach Boys “Pet Sounds (Mono & Stereo)”. But when I searched for it on Roon it only showed Quboz’s 44.1kHz version. However, when I searched for the track “Pet Sounds”, I was able to find the 192kHz version of the album, and it does indeed play back at that sample rate (as confirmed by the Signal Path window).

Is there a reason this didn’t show up under “Albums” in my search?

There are some issues with recordings displaying the correct bit rates: Roon/Qobuz are working on the issue. Scroll up in this thread to see these responses.

I’m describing a different problem. There were different versions of the recording on Quboz, but Roon only showed one version under Albums when I searched. But I could still find the 192 version under Tracks.

I was logged in Qobuz in the browser, I clicked on the link above and it took me to the order page. I entered my cc info and continued. It did not prompt for anything about an existing trial being in place.

Honestly I expected that it would fail and tell me I already had a trial active. Your mileage may vary :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Michel,
I’ll give this a try.

There are different versions of the album but there’s a problem displaying resolution on Roon but apparently not for tracks.

Hi, I sign up to Obus early morning on April 19 for the free trial. How can I get the extended one offer by Roon/Qobuz?

Great news!

Despite the minor hiccups in signup and file resolution display I am impressed with Qobuz so far. Audio quality is excellent so my Tidal subscription now cancelled.

The magazine has some terrific features, artist profiles and interviews, One Cover One Word, HiFi reviews and much more. Great to have alternatives.

1 Like

Yes, Roon + Qobuz are excellent and I too am thinking about cancelling Tidal

Is this a temporary work around until the bugs get ironed out? Or is this the way it’s supposed to work?

they’re working on it and I’m sure it will be fixed soon

Just as long as hi-res info isn’t properly visible within Roon for Qobuz Canada users

Again, I am talking about a different problem: Hi Res versions of at least some albums do not come up when you search for them in Roon. It’s not just that they are there but not identified as Hi Res. They are not there at all.

Then this will most likely be fixed too.