Qobuz in Canada

Another happy Canadian here. Cool to get 60 day trial from Roon - thanks!
I absolutely LOVE the fact that you can look at the CD booklet!!! Phenomenal!
Sounding great here!

Once it’s fixed [as no doubt it will be] all versions of an album you have in your library or in Tidal and in Qobuz will be identified in Roon–if you are signed in to those services

Still not what I’m asking, but thanks for trying, anyway. I’ll wait till someone from the Roon team weighs in.

I’m in Germany and Roon finds 8 Qobuz album versions of Pet Sounds, including Mono & Stereo at 192/24

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to know! Presumably, if the Germans can do it…

1 Like

Well if I’m searching for “beach boys pet sounds” this is what Roon returns. Results for both Tidal and Qobuz.

I’m in the Netherlands.

Good morning,

I made the transfer of all my albums (+3000) including playlists and artists from my TIDAL account to QOBUZ successfully.

The only drawback is that Tags are associated with TIDAL albums. Is there a way to associate Tags with QOBUZ albums?

QOBUZ vs TIDAL and MQA vs HI RES

I have been using Qobuz since its launch in Canada on April 19 2023 and have subscribed to Tidal since 2016. I listen to the albums on my LUMIN D2 and on my iPhone SE with Roon Arc. Listening with my Kann Cube by Astell & Kern will begin today.

In terms of content, the QOBUZ offer is superior and the applications on the iPhone and MacBook M2 are very efficient and pleasant to use. The sound quality is exceptional.

I discovered QUOBUZ from its launch in 2007 through Gramophone magazine, at the time a partnership existed between the two companies. Unless I’m mistaken, at the beginning, only the classical and jazz genres were offered, but now the multitude of genres offers and the cost of subscription make QOBUZ an obvious choice over TIDAL.

Before cancelling my subscription to TIDAL, I still have one thing to explore: compare album listening in MQA vs HI RES.

A lot has been written about both formats. I feel like forming my own opinion. But, the result will not change my opinion as to the superiority of QOBUZ’s offer and the exceptional quality of the sound heard so far. This is really a moment of choice for music lovers.

1 Like

I agree, except that Tidal’s weekly offerings are more extensive. On my home system, the sound quality of Qobuz is somewhat better than MQA on a Meridian system. Walking the dog, an AK SP-3000 is far superior to an iPhone.

That’s been my experience as well, particularly in the frequency range of vocals. Comparing MQA to Qobuz HiRes on a NAD M33 through a pair of Harbeth SHL5 plus.

Thank you -for the information.

I am aware of the great value of Meridian electronics and I am sure the sound is exceptional and so on the AK SP-3000.

Listening on my AK - KANN CUBE will be a much better way than my iPhone. The only flaws is its weight. To prevent my 2,5mm to be damaged again I bought an ending a 3 pin adapter to plug to the socket. The sound is very good.

About the weekly offering, PrestoMusic his hard to beat - but it is not available on Roon and either on my LUMIN D2. I love the content of the app and the Reviews section. We can find all the awards an album received from various organizations (weekly, monthly ans annually). But the offering is classic and jazz only. On their web site www.prestomusic.com you can read the news about the last arrivals on the market is great. I receive their newsletter each Friday and it is very informative. You can buy album and DVD/BLURAY too.

I listened to albums with voices and I found that the pronunciation of the words was clearer:
Amedè Julie Fuchs,
Fantasy for piano, choir and orchestra, Beethoven, Leif Ove Andsnes,
Contra-Tenor, Michael Spyres

Listening: Luminy D2, Simaudio 430HA headphone amplifier, Audeze headphones …

Unfortunately no, Roon tags and all other edits are associated with particular versions, which is a royal pain if they change or if you change streaming service

I use an Astell Kenr HC2 DAC with my iphone and it’s pretty good. Merci de votre recommendation

Jamie,

The link you posted sends me to Qobuz USA where I can’t sign in… never mind the bonus 60 days… Same link that was sent out by email by the Roon folks a few days ago…

yes I am also having birthday signup issues…

Jamie, My previous note is in error, I deleted google history and did get the canadian link (no Zip Code) BUT…
the form is not valid as it won’t accept my birthday. The American layout was different on this line and I suspect the error is in the recoding to DD/MM/YYYY from MM/DD/YYYY that Americans seems to like… thanks for checking…

Hey @Michael_Giunta,

I’m sorry that you also ran into problems with the form. As mentioned in my previous post, please contact Qobuz support for assistance.

OK, will do…

Jamie, I just tried to contact “Qobuz support” . No such place on their Qobuz Canada page. Can you point me to what you are referring to please. Thank you.