Qobuz Music favorites disappeared from library [Roon Team Investigating]

I’d started adding in manually and had a break.

Just come back and added one more album and it’s now started reloading all the missing ones.

I can’t wait to watch that happen👏

Yeah, same here. So far it’s just sitting here staring at me with no movement. Mocking me. :grimacing:

2 Likes

OK, here’s the horrifying thing. All of those albums that are gone? They’re also gone from playlists. So that 6000+ song playlist I created with my family as a “home radio station”? Now less than 3000 songs. HOURS lost. Now that completely ruins my confidence in spending more time curating on Roon. I’m still processing in my head right now.

Now, I’ve never successfully performed a restore from back so I’m about to try to decipher that process which doesn’t seem all that intuitive, but my fingers are crossed that’s going to restore all of that work. Really miffed.

1 Like

My experience with the restore solution is that everything will come back and then you will watch everything get systematically deleted. No fun

1 Like

Well, at least I am not alone… And here I thought it was me all this time. I noticed this problem after I had to reload everything on my server after an M.2 drive failure the other day. In my case, doing nothing fixed the problem as I had already been up far too late working on the server restore here, I left it with only my local files, and TIDAL showing in my library. The next morning, yesterday the 22nd of January, all was well again. It has remained that way through this morning as well, the 23rd. I did notice before I went to bed the other night that so very slowly, Qobuz albums were repopulating.

@Roon Team

my trust in Roon is eroding in a landslide right now. This problem is severe, because it prevents using Roon in the way intended. It may even not be Roons fault but could be a malfunction in the Qobuz service. Roon Team members, whereever you are, if you know more, please keep us updated - any chief communications officer working during weekends? This is not just a technical issue.

wow, enordee1… yeah, that’s a horrible experience. Did a full restore, which at least gave me confidence that all of that work won’t be lost… and it’s stable for 1-2 minutes and then weirdly, the album count slowly went up by 1… by 2… and then, like someone pulling the plug in a drain, you just watch albums and songs drain out by the tens then hundreds. There are still weirdly some Qobuz titles that don’t disappear but there’s no logic to which ones, as far as I can tell.

One weird thing, the two albums I used as a check, and recently re-added them, one through Qobuz and one through Roon, THOSE are both there after the “big drain” this time, but everything else seems to be pretty similar to what was lost last time.

So, I went in and shut off backups with the hope that at some point, doing a restore to a timepoints I know was good will remain stable. Good times!

I have a workaround for Qobuz. Browse to Qobuz and select “My Qobuz”. Then scroll down to “Favorite Albums”. All the Qobuz albums are still there. Unfortunately without the tags added in Roon. It’s pathetic, I know. Better than nothing. :+1:

I also have some of the deleted albums showing up in My Qobuz, but not all of my qobuz favorites. However in the qobuz app they are all still there, thank goodness.

Mine have now come back in so I would suggest patience rather than fiddling for the time being. I was guilty of fiddling!

My files only came in very recently, a long time behind some others.

Presumably there is some data being updated in the background at Roon or QoBuz.

My play counts seem intact so it looks like it’s worked out OK in the end.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll get your entire collection this way - only the last 500 albums added. At least that’s how it works for me.

Everything should still be there on your Database. The problem appears to be that Qobuz and Roon aren’t syncing. In a weird way it looks like everything is okay with Roon and everything is okay with Qobuz - they’re just not talking properly (kind of like a marriage during the stresses and strains of lockdown). :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve got my Library back now in exactly the way it was before the “fallout”

+1 :clap:

as I wrote I didn’t touch a thing and, now that my Qobuz favourites are back, everything is exactly as it was: not a single edit went lost
btw: I’m not even sure Roon is the one to blame: looks more something on Qobuz side or… in the intricacies of the net

I agree with the patience suggestion. Things are still jacked up on my end but I’ll leave it on all day and perhaps it’ll heal. Yeah, my big thing is just hoping that all of the playlists will be intact when they return (the playlist counts being reduced concerns me), but we’ll just see. I guess if not I can try a restore again at that point. I appreciate the conversation , y’all - it’s at least cathartic to know we’re not alone!

2 Likes

I’m not quite there yet, but there’s a few substantial rocks tumbling. I’m firmly in the fewer features working reliably camp. It’s not the greatest augur for the 1.8 release either. My annuals up shortly and I may drop to monthly for now. I realise that’s Roon’s preferred subscription method so it’s not going to motivate them. Was thinking of lifetime but if unreliability/instability was to increase I’d not be feeling good about the investment.

My Qobuz albums are not back yet. This is a mayor blow for Roon in my view. I did buy a lifetime license - so Vcable is the only choice in future then.

I wish I would have found this thread earlier. I just completely restored my core and didn’t fix the problem. Would have just waited for roon team.

It appears the wait goes on, welcome aboard :wink:

My playlists are intact

2 Likes