Qobuz Music favorites disappeared from library [Roon Team Investigating]

Hello,
I logged from my IPod onto my Roon server that runs as usual 24/7.
I noticed that most of my albums that I had added from Qobuz were no longer added and hence all tags disappeared. I rebooted the Roon server’s Win10 PC, but that did not help. Is there a way to resync the albums somehow? That happened a couple of hours after I praised Roon for its nice tag system for albums and the bookmark system in a forum - that is a strange coincidence.

I have the strange feeling that new Roon version is close to come (as from Roon communication end of December) and we are facing bugs… maybe it is just a crazy idea but suddenly after the last light update, that has in the targets that one to prepare for the big step in January, I started having funny behaviour in Roon Radio and today I lost the library… strange coincidence isn’t it?

Anyway… the library is one of the core feature in a software like Roon… I’m pretty sure they understand how critical is the situation… or do Roon want to look/work like that junk-Volumio?

1 Like

Yeah, I just noticed this for the first time too - weirdly, about 3500 titles I had favorited on Qobuz disappeared, and there’s a random assortment that seem not to have gone away, and I can’t find any logic behind what is here and what is gone. I’m just trying to stay calm here because they appear to be fine in Qobuz itself… but I’m gonna have a meltdown if I have to try to repair 3500 titles in Roon. Uuuuuuuuuuugh.

1 Like

I was thinking if i should pause my backups, would it overwrite a previous good backup with the current status??

I think i’ll pause, to be safe.

Hi Everyone,

Our engineers have been hard at work tracking down an issue that is causing Qobuz content to not properly show up for some customers.

We have reached out to Qobuz about this issue and we’ll be sure to keep this thread informed as soon as we have more to share.

If you are experiencing any issues with Qobuz content in Roon, we apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work with Qobuz to restore full functionality as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Added 2 albums this morning on Qobuz web. Opened Roon this afternoon. One added to my library, one didn’t.

Both showed in my Qobuz “my library” section in the Qobuz tab within Roon on PC .

I have the same issue starting this morning. All of my Qobuz content is missing in the library but Qobuz continues to function normally within Roon.

Just as an additional note: while “Recent Activity / Added” is missing the entries from Qobuz, “Recent Activity / Played” still shows all of them.

Same problem here… no qobuz album showing in the library… and all the tags i had on qobuz albums are gone…crazy

I started the recovery and had all of the Qobuz albums for a short time. Until they disappeared in slow motion. :roll_eyes: There must be a sync problem between Roon and Qobuz. On the other hand, it does not seem to affect all Qobuz users. We are something very special. :laughing:

Maybe there are similarities. I have

• Qobuz Studio Sublime ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
  • more than 1000 Qobuz albums Favorites that are displayed in Qobuz but not in Roon
  • some purchased Qobuz albums that are displayed in Roon

I hope it will be possible to restore not only the library but also all the tags otherwise it’s a double mess… in the meantime I disable the backup (I remove the usb key from the NUC), hoping that the last useful one has not been corrupted by this thing

men in Roon and Qobuz… in the future before modifying anything maybe it is better if you talk to each other first and debug carefully the variants introduced… yes?

Initially I thought it might have been related to Brexit - all other annoying problems seem to be - but perhaps not :roll_eyes:
Anyway - 10:43 am in the UK and my carefully curated favourite albums of Vivaldi’s complete works have vanished from Roon :grimacing:
Like others I restored a backup, rebooted, saw all of my Qobuz albums back (over 5500 of them) and then, in sadistic slow motion, saw each of them shot down one by one :astonished:
I eventually managed to add Qobuz albums from within Roon as favourites, but Roon has, for some time now, never shown my full list of Qobuz added favourites so, whilst I have some of the albums back, it is just the latest 500 or so.
Good luck tracking down the issue: some data centre somewhere in the world is obviously a tad sick or vindictive!
However, it did make me realise that Roon really is the only solution for me and all I can do is cross fingers and hope for the best.

I’m in the UK and also am also affected.

• Qobuz Studio Sublime ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
  • some purchased Qobuz albums that are displayed in Roon

I’ve less than a thousand albums I believe, but it’s close.

everything’s fine, this morning, here (Italy): all my Qobuz favourites are back in Roon Library
tags, play count, date added, picks and likes… everything’s back :slight_smile:

haven’t touched anything in the while: I only waited for the issue to be fixed by Roon/Qobuz
now… can’t wait to be told what happened :wink:

1 Like

Glad to hear!
Still broken in the UK (that may well be true for most things in the UK these days :grimacing:)
Update: just restored Roon to my Windows 10 machine. Decertified my Rock. Restored an old Windows 10 backup (september 2020). All looked promising for a while…then…album count started to fall. ARGHHHH!!!
So, looks like the best I can do at the moment is have a set up that uses the very latest 550 or so albums added as favourites to Qobuz. The rest (about 5000) are binned within Roon (but not within Qobuz thankfully).
To me, this problem seems to be linked to the problems I have had for some time now ie I can only see about 550 Qobuz favourites within the Qobuz section of Roon. Before today I could see all of the other Qobuz favourites within the ‘Albums’ section of Roon. Now all I can see…at best… is that ‘latest Qobuz’ count of 550.

Do we know why that’s the case? I’ve managed to get my albums back in my Library, but the total number of albums displayed in Qobuz (on Roon) is, as you say, limited.

EDIT: The number of albums displayed in Qobuz (on Roon) is 500 - at least for me.

Yes, it’s roughly 525 for me. Roon never did solve the issue I had with the limited view. Maybe this is just another aspect of that issue? Don’t know. Let’s be hopeful it gets resolved.
StopMakingSense - do you mean you have ALL of your Qobuz albums back??! I’m still restricted to the latest 525.

I have, but seem to be one of the lucky few. I restored a back up and then restarted Roon Server (Windows 10) several times. The albums came back a few at a time. Luckily for me they haven’t subsequently disappeared.

Because I like to mess around with things, I’ve subsequently tried this again 2 more times (took a risk!). The 1st time it was just the same, albums came back a few at a time. 2nd time (last night - UK time) they came back all in one go.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Will probably try again tomorrow if this still hasn’t fixed itself. Appreciate the help.

Was hoping for a miraculous fix when restarting Roon this morning (Pennsylvania, US) but everything is still borked with no change. Super frustrating. I empathize with the software development process and they’ve got to be pulling their hair out right now over this… but yeah, I’d really like to stay on this platform and am trying to remain optimistic that my many, many hours of curation and editing haven’t been lost. Godspeed, developers. Please let us know when this has been addressed!