Qobuz recommended Roon for a DLNA/UPnP connection?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac i9 (2019) Roon v1.6 (build 416) stable 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi/Ethernet (all Apple) with an Ethernet connection to the CP-800 as well as WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Classe CP-800 via Ethernet for HiRez (mConnect streams HiRez from my mobile devices using Qobuz) Airplay works fine but is only CD quality.

Description Of Issue

Cant figure out how to stream HiRez using Roon. Qobuz gave me the recommendation to use Roon for a DLNA/UPnP connection. They also gave me the recommendation to use mConnect from my mobile devices to stream HiRez Qobuz and it works like a charm. It has no problem connecting to he CP-800 using the Ethernet network. Roon is only using Airplay ??

If Roon can only do Airplay at CD quality, I can’t use Roon. I need a HiRez connection to get the most out of Qobuz.

Thanks in advance.

Louis

Roon uses it own streaming protocol system called RAAT, it has and never will support upnp. To use hires streaming services you need a Roon Ready endpoint, dac or amplifier/streamer.

An example of a Roon Ready endpoint would be Allo USBridge.
Your ethernet goes into one port of the USBridge and the USB goes out of the USBridge into your Classe. It basically does the communication with Roon via RAAT.
There are many more levels above this, the choice would be up to you.

Hi @Louis_Pengue,

As others have mentioned here, Roon does not support DLNA/UPnP and there we have no plans to integrate this type of streaming technology into Roon.

If you wish to use the Classe with Roon you will need to connect it via USB directly to the Core, use a Roon Ready endpoint (such as Allo USBridge/Sonore Micro|UltraRendu) to facilitate the USB connection to the Classe or use a Sonore UPnP Bridge (Note: I have not previously used the Sonore UPnP Bridge so please verify comparability with your DAC first).

Hope this helps!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.