Roon Core Machine

Nuc running Roon rock

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connection

Connected Audio Devices

Nuc → Denafrips Iris → Chord Qutest → integrated amp

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The new album from Feist (Multitudes) is listed as hi-res on the Qobuz app but when I search for it in Roon, it comes up as 44.1/16

1 Like

A guess because I don’t have access to Qobuz but quite often this is a downloadable pay version that is high Res but the streaming version is not.

I believe there are two versions of the album on Qobuz, the hi-res one being 88

@Henry, the app has the hi-res available for play, Roon doesn’t
@Norman, both versions on Roon point to 44.1/16

and yes, I have the settings in Qobuz on Roon set to the highest resolution.

As indicated by @Norman_Spector , there are 2 versions available in Qobuz.
Click on Versions to see both.

I have added the hi-res version to My Library

Well, that may be where the problem is. I have two versions, both are 44.1/16

Also, I signed up yesterday for a year but got automatically put on a month free trail from Qobuz.

Can you try the Qobuz app,outside of Roon, and if the album is available in hi-res heart it there.If it is present, it should be added to your library after synchronisation between Roon and Qobuz (which you can enable manually in Settings - Services

Go to Roon > Settings > Services, and click on Edit next to Qobuz. Under STREAMING QUALITY, does it say “Hi-Res 24-Bit / up to 192 kHz”?

If you made changes to your Qobuz subscription recently, as it seems to be the case, logout of Qobuz in Roon (Settings → Services → Qobuz → Edit → Logout) and then log in again. This will force Qobuz to update your permissions on the Roon client. See if that works.

Also, there seems to be a known problem with Canadian accounts where Roon always displays 16/44.1, even in the hi-res versions. You receive hi-res but Roon displays 16/44.1. It’s a cosmetic issue only and the Roon team are looking into it. More info in the topic below:

1 Like

@Barron_Thompson, are you signing up from Canada?

If so, please refer to this thread.

Incidently, very nice DAC!

Yepper! From Canada, signed up yesterday. Jeez, what a wait this was.
So…the known issue is the reason. Yes, I have Qobuz set to the highest rate.
And yes, the dac is lovely. Works well in my system.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the help!

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.