Qobuz starts to play then skips to next track

Yes. The same :frowning:
Track starts to play and then skips to the next one

Hi @Serge_Tse

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you seeing this with just Qobuz? What about local content?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Qobuz tracks skipping sometimes

Maybe it just temporary Qobuz issue.

The Issue:
Was listening to Stuart MCullum - The Space Between album from Qobuz.
Some tracks played 20-70% and then skiiped to the next.
When I pushed Previous button the track played again for 100%

Setup:
Roon Core - Intel NUC 8i5BEH2 - ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, Roon Server Version 1.8 (build 790) stable
Roon Bridge - RPi4 - HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro Bundle - HiFiBerryOS 20210408
Hegel H390 via toslink
Network Router - TP-Link Archer C2300
RPi connected via powerline adapters TP-Link TL-PA7020P / TL-PA7010P

Just rememered that yesterday playback was stopped several times and a had to push Play again

I rarely listen to local content now. Will try.
And just in case I changed DNS server address from my Internet provider’s address to Google’s public 8.8.8.8

Something wrong with Qobuz again.

The Issue:
This evening was listening to Wolf Alice playlist from Qobuz.
Some tracks didn’t start to play (timebar is moving constantly from side to side) and then skipped to the next.
Sometimes when I pushed Previous or Next or Pause / Play it helped to play.
Setup:
Roon Core - Intel NUC 8i5BEH2 - ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, Roon Server Version 1.8 (build 795) stable
Roon Bridge - RPi4 - HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro Bundle - HiFiBerryOS 20210531
Hegel H390 via toslink
Network Router - TP-Link Archer C2300
RPi connected via powerline adapters TP-Link TL-PA7020P / TL-PA7010P

Tried different DNS - 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 - issue stays

what fixed it the first time?

assuming this just started happening, what changed recently?

This afternoon ROCK stopped to respond (even through web-interface) and I turned it off manually. After reboot It didn’t see any endpoints - neither HiFiBerry nor Hegel (via Airplay). Also it couldn’t connect to Tidal.
I decided to restore Roon from backup.
Endpoints became visible and Tidal too.
But Qobus still hangs on playing. Now on Yosi Horikawa Vapor album.
Unfortunately my Tidal subscription just ended up and I didn’t plan to renew it.
Also didn’t try local (NAS) library yet.

Please do.

does it still have this problem?

It sounds like something went corrupt, thus requiring the restore. You may be seeing an SSD failure.

I say this only because everything seems to have gone to crap and while the restore may have bought you some time, its not all back to normal.

@dylan – pull some diagnostics? dmesg should show i/o errors on the SSD if it is failing and Roon log should show random unexpected failures for the same reason.

No, now I can see all endpoins

So far I didn’t notice any issue with local files on NAS

Hi @Serge_Tse

I ran diagnostics as Danny mentioned previously, and I’m seeing errors that show that the network doesn’t seem to be able to keep up with the stream from Qobuz, ultimately leading to playback errors.

Are you using a VPN or any other software that might be affecting your network communications/bandwidth?

No, I’m not using VPN.
Overall internet connection is stable.
Maybe it’s temporary network issue, powerline-adapter or ISP fault.

is the issue intermittent? if so, i think you’ve nailed it.

Another guess is my router overheat. It’s terribly hot here this summer. I moved it to other place.
Yesterday and today (so far) everything is fine.
I will watch further and will optimize my home network :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.