Qobuz stuttering

Anybody else expierincing Qobuz stuttering at this moment?
(I am based in Belgium)

On hi rez files? I am

1 Like

Playing fine for me at moment. Qobuz do have form early last year I was plagued with issues then it just vanished.

1 Like

No issue for me in Germany, just tested 192/24

1 Like

No, I never have issues with with Qobuz in Roon, I used to outside of Roon all the time.

1 Like

Today 13h30 local time, Qobuz is working fine.
Hopefully, after 2 evenings with stuttering issues, it remains like that this evening.
(and it is not an issue with my telecomā€™s provider network , with speedtest results > 200MBits)

16 posts were split to a new topic: Roonā€™s being kinda stuttery (dropouts, etcā€¦),

No problems whatsoever with local files through Roon, and this for many years (started 2018).
In fact, this is the first week in many years using Qobuz (through Roon) that I encountered stuttering problems.
(There have been some ā€˜no connectionā€™ problems, but once playing no SQ issue whatsoever)

1 Like

Had this happen to my KEF LS50W IIā€™s the other night. Couldnā€™t figure out why it kept stopping, tried all of restarting the speakers etc, then noticed what I was playing was hi-res, then played a normal res and everything wa fine. Havenā€™t tested since, so who knows.

Depends on the case. This one is certainly not Qobuz alone.

What would be a situation where the network would play same files from tidal and qobuz, one stuttering and one not?

Depends on the files, the streaming subscription type (CD or hires), possibly the related settings in Roon (max. resolution that is configured in Roon for Qobuz/Tidal). Tidal bandwidth needs are generally smaller (MQA) than hires Qobuz.

It can certainly also be other stuff out of your control, such as the speed & latency you get to the nearest CDN node that you get from Tidal or Qobuz. Or temporary issues on the streaming server side.

Since I can stream high-definition video (or more than one at a time even) on my network without any issues, I doubt that the bandwidth of a music file is going to be significant. I also donā€™t use MQA. While a mystery, it seems that there is something with Qobuz network or roonā€™s implementation that would account for the qobuz stuttering vs smooth playback via Tiday.

Neither had I in much longer until last year. Then it went to crap for a few months then sorted its self out. Itā€™s cloud and regional based you canā€™t rule out it not being them or isp/cdn issues and keep blaming people networks all the time. If itā€™s worked for years and nothings changed it points to other areas. You search other audio sites they have many people having issues with Qobuz but not Tidal. I do think they have infrastructure issues. I donā€™t think this is Roon as for me it affected all other apps to including their own. I debugged my entire network and couldnā€™t find any issues and nothing changed it.

As has been discussed 1000 times, this is something completely different. 1. Video uses large buffers and is less sensitive on temporary speed drops. Roon canā€™t do this so much because it must be able to stream to several output zones on different hardware in sync. 2. Video codecs are adaptive and can temporarily drop bandwidth needs, music codecs donā€™t.

If you use Tidal you do, whether you use MQA decoding or not.

Itā€™s possible but then we need an explanation why some people are apparently never affected

Video has a higher buffer than audio in apps so not really something you can compare. Also they all host at different CDNs and isps often donā€™t route you the best way to them. So donā€™t rule out your internet itā€™s not necessarily the speed in general but the latency from the location itā€™s coming from and one destination can be bad where all others are fine.

Maybe you were too fast before I added this above:

And if someone like @terzinator says that they have the issue with local files, then I can certainly blame the local network or something else in the local setup

Alright, still no example of how my network might be causing this problem.

I wasnā€™t looking for network advice, but you suggested it, and I am open to the possibility if you have any.

I never talked about YOUR network ever. I talked about @terzinatorā€™s who says he has the issue with local files

Ok, I can accept the mystery. I personally will never comprehend how the internet works.