Qobuz stuttering

Have you tried or now how to change the DNS server your router talks to, this is usually your isp ones but some routers allow you to change it. Setting it to googles dns server of 8.8.8.8 and secondary one of 8.8.4.4 this can often improve things, as its routing is better than a lot of isps. If your locked into an ISP router it might not allow this or if your unsure maybe leave alone. But this is the first thing I would change to see if it helps.

1 Like

You sure I thought he said Qobuz not local?

Christ on a stick

I’ve had a message come up a couple times tonight regarding Qobuz (UK). Wish I screenshot it now. It said something about bandwidth and then it skipped the song.

Have not tried this, but I know my Eero router can do it. I use pihole on raspberry pi to block ads/trackers so its using that DNS by default. This hasn’t changed in several years. Would it be possible to just have my roon server route to a different DNS while the rest of my traffic goes through the pihole? I would definitely try that, but I’m not giving up my pihole

You can set the DNS on the client. I can’t find if you mentioned which server you have. On ROCK/Nucleus you can set a static IP on the admin page and then you get to enter the DNS.

On Windows, Mac, Linux you can set it in the network settings as well (lots of guides on Google)

Pihole has had a history of issues with Qobuz and Roon users in the past . It might be worth bypassing it to see if this part of the issue. I did use an ad blocking dns and it didn’t work well with Qobuz either so ditched it.

Ab skip read that as this threads about Qobuz. He’s likely suffering the same issues others have had then as there have been complaints about this along with loss search and the larger libraries issue since the the last major update.

No worries :slight_smile: He may have Qobuz/Tidal related issues as well, of course, but maybe also local ones.

So I think the order is to first sort out the local ones for @terzinator, and then we’ll see if any remain with streaming.

It’s probably the wrong thread for this, it’s just that it came up here.

————

@terzinator feel free to open a new thread and tag me on it, and we‘ll not cause confusion here.

[Moderator Edit: posts split out to new topic]

Pihole definitely causes havoc with multiple streaming apps for video, but since this hiccup with qobuz is sporadic and seemingly unrelated to my pihole status, i’m somewhat skeptical. Nonetheless, I don’t mind trying to disable pihole the next time this hiccup occurs to see if that changes anything.

Another experiment I haven’t done is to see whether the hiccup is specific to Roon or also affects the Qobuz app. Hadn’t thought to try that before.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies.

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was my internet.

Hi Dirk, Since about 20 minutes Roon doesn’t work on none of my Apple devices. What happened???

No idea, sorry.

I only use an iPad as Roon Remote, and it is working fine.

Dirk

Works for me on Mac, iPad, iPhone (and ROCK). If you need support with your issue, which may well be different from the one in this thread, it would be best if you open a new topic in Support and fill out the posting template with the information about your system and the issue

1 Like