Radio not working with Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 64bit
Roon Version 1.7 (build 528) stable (64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
RMA ADI-2 DAC FS

Description Of Issue
Hi, new Roon user on a 2 week trial. I’m using Tidal as a streaming source plus a few local albums on this PC. When I try use the radio feature Roon produces the error ‘Unexpected error. Limiting Roon Radio to library’. This error happens when I try use Roon Radio on both local albums and Tidal albums.

I just tested this on a very popular track The Beatles - Come Together.

Appreciate any help as this is a key feature that I wanted to trial.

This is a known error with a pending fix. Affects both tidal and qobuz subscribers.

Thanks for letting me know

Hi @KDH,

This is an issue that we are looking into which seems to affect new customers with little playback history. So we can have a bit more data as the team continues to work on this, can you verify how many plays you have when you go to History?

Thanks!

hi @dylan only 65 plays as I am brand new. thanks

Thanks for the update, @KDH! I’ve passed this information along to the team and I’ll be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Hi @KDH,

We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

hi @dylan my trial has now ended but I can report the radio feature was working towards the end of last week.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.