Radio works but not NAS or TIDAL content

Mine spins all time lately.
Internet radio works but files from my NAS or Tidal do not.
Click play, my streamer has the name of the track but it doesn’t start and play time remains at zero.
It been like this intermediately since the stay at home lockdown began in the US three weeks ago.

Hi @Colin_Johnson,

Sorry to hear about the issues. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this behavior occur for multiple audio zones or just one?

Roon Server running on QNAP TVS-873 which has 1 TB SSD of Samsung EVO SSD in RAID 0 for the OS and 8x HGST 8TB Helium 7200 rpm Enterprise drives configured in RAID 10.
There is 24 GB of RAM on the NAS and it connects to a Ubiquiti Networks EdgeSwitch 10XP.

From the switch I connect fiber to a Lumin X1.
The switch, fiber and Lumin X1 are all new.

Problem shows itself by music suddenly dropping.
Looking at Roon I see that the Tidal entry in services is spinning.
I can Browse Roon and see album that are on the NAS or on Tidal. but hitting play does nothing.

The only cure is to go into the NAS interface and to stop the Roon service and to restart it.
Then everything works again.

Seems like a Roon or Roon QNAP package bug?

Hi @Colin_Johnson,

I would advise trying a TIDAL cache clear:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Stop RoonServer from running in the QNAP Web Interface
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting RoonServer and verify if the issue still occurs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.