Random tracks are skipping

Hi guys,

Just recently joined Roon and am on the latest update but having the same issues where random tracks are skipping at various points of the track and continues on to next track. This happens within an hour of Playing in Roon at different times of the day and both on Tidal and locally stored PC flac files.

Core machine is a windows 10 PC all hooked up by LAN cables and built in sound ports. Network speeds of 75mbps max. using Schiit MODI and Magni config all delivered via optical cable and into AUX jack of KEF Lsx speakers all sitting on my desk. Files are stored on SSD local internal drive dedicated for music.

Can i please get suggestions for possible solutions or at least confirmation that this is some sort of known issue or bug if that’s what it is.

Cheers,

J

1 Like

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

Hello @Sn1ppy,

@Carl’s request is right on point (thanks @Carl :pray:).

In the meantime, I was hoping you could answer these questions:

• do you experience skipping if you play to System Output?
  • do you experience skipping if you stream to your endpoints one by one (just one at a time) or only to certain ones?

Thanks for the prompt replies.
So being new, i can only approximate my answers:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)- Its win10 desktop machine outputting music through built in Realtek Digital output (SPDIF)

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build) - i dont think i have remotes. everything runs from one set up which is through my PC install of Roon. I have no other speaker systems i run music through.

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured) - NBN internet through modem and running LAN cat 5 cable to desktop PC; speed i already specified in previous post.

• Audio devices in use - KEF LSX speakers connected through AUX port on speakers;

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library) - i already specified where All my FLAC files are stored (internal SSD), Tidal HiFi (the one with Masters files available) there are approximately 5560 tracks in my local library all located in 1 folder with sub folders.
    Played it the last 2 hours and skipped Roon Radio tracks this time without it being repeatable when replaying the track that skipped. Nothing else network related running in the house or PC. Not even Netflix on our TV.

J

• do you experience skipping if you play to System Output? I only play from System Output (am i not understanding this question?)
  • do you experience skipping if you stream to your endpoints one by one (just one at a time) or only to certain ones? what are endpoints? i have the option of streaming through KEF directly but i would think that would even be less stable (assuming it would use WiFi/Bluetooth but i suppose i could test if that is what you mean).

J

Hello @Sn1ppy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to every single question we asked :pray: . Thank you also for your patience while Monday rolled around and we returned to work.

I’ve consulted with our technical team and we’re hoping you could try one more test. Could you please:

• uninstall your Realtek drivers
  • use the default Windoes drivers instead

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hey @Sn1ppy,

I wanted to get in touch again and see if the above steps have helped at all with the skipping issue. Is there anything we could do to help now? :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.