Ratings (hearts) of songs from individual albums disappear

I’ve been using Roon and Tidal for years. For a longer time now I have the problem that all previous ratings of individual songs on an entire album are suddenly no longer available for inexplicable reasons.

This error always occurs unexpectedly and, as described, affects the evaluation of individual songs in an entire album. So far I haven’t been able to understand why the individual ratings are suddenly missing and I couldn’t see any regularity in this error. Most of the time, when I play an album added to Roon after a longer time, I accidentally discover that all ratings of songs in the album are missing.

I don’t have to mention how unpleasant and time-consuming it is to re-evaluate all the songs within an affected album.

I don’t know if the problem is with Tidal or Roon, it also makes no difference to me.

Does anyone have an idea why the ratings (likes) are disappearing?

You can’t rate individual sings in roon, only at the album level.

Of course you can give individual tracks of an album a rating in the form of a heart! These exact ratings (hearts) disappear for me for inexplicable reasons.

The “heart” is called a Roon “favorite”. The “rating” refers to the 1-5 stars and they are only available on album level in Roon. Hence the misunderstanding.

If your favorites/hearts are disappearing, you may want to open a topic in Support and not here in the discussion area, so that you get official support by Roon. Make sure to fill in all information in the posting template that you will see.

3 Likes

@Gerald_Hans_Fessl,

I see you now created a support topic for this, so I’m closing this one to avoid future cross posting.