Re-identify function will not complete and continues to run non stop

Yes, it’s working, but not perfectly. It’s taking unusually long to add albums and get them identified (Tidal and downloads!).

Hey guys, we’re looking into this. Things should be better now, but it’s likely that there is a large backlog which needs to be cleared. Thanks for your patience.

Hi @support

My Roon server is failing to identify new albums uploaded, and gets stuck.

If I delete the new albums, it unsticks. Is this a problem at your end?

Thanks,

it seems possible. Others are having the issue as well

Yep – been painfully slow for about 5-6 days now. What’s up with that?

Is this issue also the cause of Roonserver restarting itself every 5 minutes? I ask because a few others seem to have had this issue in the last few days (cured temporarily for me by restarting ROCK)? It started for me on 27th or 28th November when I did a Force Rescan of a watched folder after adding a few new CD rips.I won’t go into further detail here as it may not be relevant to this issue.

@joel Can you give us some insight as to what is going on here? Today I’m up to an hour or so to “process” 9 tracks. As far as I can tell, this began sometime last week, when the “x tracks added - y tracks identified” process changed from warp speed to glacial. It would be nice to know what’s happening behind the scenes…

1 Like

Hi @trtlrock. We run a lot of services in the Cloud, some of which are for the Roon product and some of which aren’t. We use many technologies to provide these services and sometimes (quite rarely actually) we encounter problems at the overall service level when these technologies don’t interact as well as they should (and did when tested). There are many variables involved in achieving and maintaining service performance.

On Friday, we appear to have crossed a volume threshold which caused our album identification service to slow down dramatically. We took short term remediative action which resolved the problem, but we encountered another issue today which we have also resolved. We are actively working to make more permanent changes which are sustainable with the growth in identification request volume that we are seeing.

The service is currently running well, although it wasn’t a couple of hours ago when you needed it; I apologize for your experience today. If things haven’t resolved themselves already, may I suggest re-starting your Roon Core which should trigger a fresh attempt at identifying your tracks?

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. Just fyi this problem started (at least as long ago as) early-middle of last week, i.e. before Friday. And I have re-started the core several times, with no change.