Release date for iOS App?

Well, that doesn’t work for any remote config (at least, right now) - just servers.

But you do want that feature, right?

Glad to hear it’s your top priority. It’s mine too ;-).

Nevertheless, I’m enjoying using Roon–even with Splashtop on my iPad to control it on my headless Mac Mini. I expect I’ll like it even more with the dedicated iPad app.

1 Like

I’m pleased to learn this is your top priority. When I signed up my understanding was that Android and IOS apps were imminent. The Android app is extremely selective about what can use it and the IOS app is certainly taking longer than I expected. In retrospect I think your launch was slightly premature as these apps are essentials of the Roon concept. It’s ridiculous that I’ve had to use Splashtop since launch, which admittedly functions reasonably well, but is hardly an elegant solution.

Couldn’t disagree with you more Chris. Sorry! I certainly wouldn’t have wanted the launch held up by android/iOS apps, we’ve helped the devs prioritize new awesome features and fix many bugs while waiting for an iPad version.

3 Likes

Maybe, but for everyone of us who is happy to “muck in” and fix bugs with them, how many more users are being put off by the currently cumbersome issue of controlling Roon from an iPad or, until recently, an Android one?

For many, operating Splashtop or similar is quite easy, but that’s not the same for everyone.

It’s like someone launching a bike and saying “the ability to turn wheels will come soon.”

Well, everyone has a 14 day trial and it clearly says on the website on the download page that it’s coming soon.

If you still sign up you clearly know how you have to control it until the iPad app is ready.

Yes, but how long has it been now - a month and still no sign of an iPad app. I guess we all interpret “coming soon” differently.

I still enjoy using it with Splashtop, but it seems so archaic for what is a high end software solution.

Don’t forget there is the whole Apple approval timescale when apps are added to their store. I do not know what the average is, but 5-10 days would seem a reasonable guess for a completely new app. For all we know, Roon may have already submitted the app. It would be good if someone from Roon updated the status.

They have updated many times regarding the timeline. They have already said in other posts regarding the ios app that it will be end of june or early july.

I’ve been waiting six months for a rumoured iOS remote for the OSX playback software I use…… Bearing in mind these guys have only just launched, and that by all accounts their product seems stable, has already had many features added, and theres an exciting roadmap for future stuff, a month hardly seems like a long time!

No connection to Roon, and I’m also waiting for the remote ( and Qobuz :wink: ), but I have to say what they’ve already achieved over the past month or two seems really impressive, and I’m sure an iOS remote will appear in due course, and be excellent too!

I agree with @hifi_swlon . Roon is impressively stable and fully featured for a first release. I’ve also been waiting for months for an iOS remote (and Qobuz integration) for certain other playback software, but have a feeling that Roon will get there first with the remote.

1 Like

It is nearing the end of june :smile:

I think there was a post a couple of days ago from Roon stating they are on track for the end of June, possibly pushing into July depending on Apple approval.

Not a surprise, no complaints–I bought in knowing it was beta-ish.

Could Roon at least confirm when the software was submitted to Apple for approval and the typical Apple lead times. At least it would help us understand the likelihood of potential dates.

@Mr_Sukebe – sure, we can do that.

4 Likes

It is 23 june! 7 more days to go! (Giving pressure to the wonderful team at Roon)

Please stop…I don’t believe anybody needs a countdown

It’ll be ready when it’s ready…