Release RoPieee 2023.07.1

Hi @Teun_Romme,

Sorry for the late response.

First thing that comes to my mind that this is (obviously) a device issue and should be solved by the hardware manufacturer. But I also realise that is a somewhat naive notion :wink:

The reason why the ‘USB Auto Suspend’ not makes any difference is that this is about the USB interface itself and not on the audio level. The cutoff issues mentioned are exactly that: on the audio level.

Now the complex stuff :wink: Audio drivers on Windows are something totally different then on Linux. So ‘lucky’ for those that run Windows icm with this hardware, but that’s about it: luck. The proposed solution for Linux isn’t a solution at all: in is a fix with a certain combination of audio stack which uses a ‘audio processor’ (in this case pulse audio), which RoPieee does not use: we take the ‘shortest path’ from software to hardware wrt to the audio signal.

So 1: there is no ‘quick fix’ (unfortunately). 2. if I need to investigate it it requires such a device on my desk and then there’s still the chance that the outcome is still ‘no luck’.

Sighh… I wish that hardware manufacturers:

1. test their devices on Linux instead of saying that they support UAC and leave it at that.
  2. make sure that the USB firmware (the USB chip has firmware and it’s rather complex) is updateable
  3. provide real support to their customers

Oh well. That’s just me :wink: