Release RoPieee 2023.09

Hi,

Time for another release!

Besides some under the hood work related to the merger of XL and regular RoPieee these are the important things:

• NEW: Squeezelite: support for so-called ‘big buffers’
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Linux kernel
  • ENHANCEMENT: support for 44.1k with Apple’s USB-C DAC
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Plexamp component

Due to the staggered roll-out this release can take up to a few days to reach your device.

And as always: enjoy!

17 Likes

That’s a wonderful news! Can’t wait to update!
Thanks a lot Harry

Already updating three ROPIEEE devices by now. Seems working! THX Harry!!

Seriously hope the USB-knacks are gone then… NO THEY ARE NOT GONE.
Guess time to say goodbye to using USB and ROPIEEE and rely on SPDIF COAXIAL ONLY via Allo DigiOne (which has been my knack-free backup always)…too bad as this limits to 24/192kHz ;(

SORRY Harry, mea culpa - it is only on one specific one of my DACs which seemingly has a not so good USB implementation, the JADE from METRUM ACOUSTICS. Tested all my other 5 DACs and they all play well WITHOUT THOSE KNACKING SOUNDS!! Using SPDIF COAX from my ALLO DIGIONE there is no such on any of my DACs!

2 devices updated OK and running… thxs Harry

1 Like

Will there be a USBridge version?

1 Like

SORRY Harry, mea culpa - it is only on one specific one of my DACs which seemingly has a not so good USB implementation, the JADE from METRUM ACOUSTICS. Tested all my other 5 DACs and they all play well WITHOUT THOSE KNACKING SOUNDS!! Using SPDIF COAX from my ALLO DIGIONE there is no such on any of my DACs!

1 Like

Update ran not to the end.

no progress for about one hour.

RPi 3+ Model B

It seems that de unit decided there’s no internet connection and activated RoPieee’s wifi access point functionality.

Are you on cable wireless?

wireless

Should I try with Ethernet cable?

Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 succesful update using wifi. I reconnected in a webbrowser to ropieee.local, which finished the update for me.

1 Like

3 of mine updated assuming it was after nightly reboot but 2 had yet to but indicated updates available so I’m doing them both now. One is WiFi and one is Ethernet

Update both updated with no issues :sweat_smile:

Yes, there is.

Yeah. Put in a cable and restart the unit.

RoPieee doesn’t offer this latest update to me and there is no button to check update. Is this gradually rolled out? How can I update?

Currently I’m on 2023.07.1 release.

@Ross_Shen - Perhaps you missed this in Harry’s opening post?

1 Like

done
but no success:

Hanging here since about 30 Minutes

What do you mean with ‘hanging’?

This is RoPieee running, so I’m not sure what you are expecting.

@Ross_Shen I would expect that the update would have reached you by now.

If not, can you provide me with feedback? You can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab in the web interface.

Thanks

Hi Harry,

thanks for taking care.

Hanging: Normally this RoPieee shows the clock or title information of the playing track. I am using it as a display only. I never see a log display like on the screenshot above (except during booting of course).
I can not access it by https://ropieee-display.local/ as before this update.
On my router I see, that this RoPieee is connected to the network, but even with the IP address I can not access this RoPieee. My other RoPieee device acting as a player does not recognize the display RoPieee on the devices page. And Roon does not show it either.

I also tried it now with WiFi - same problem and same screen.

So, if you try to visit the IP address there’s no webpage then?
That’s weird and should definitely not happen.

please make sure it’s over http:// and not htttps:// btw.

Can you try again, with cable (wifi only complicates things), and the IP address over http:// ?