Remote app failure to connect to Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ASUS VC66R
Intel Core i5-7400, 256GB SSD Windows 10/192.168.0.2 Roon Build No version 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3HP P/N 253795799

1. Cambridge Series 2 CXN (V2) Network Audio Streamer -wireless
  2. Marantz integrated amplifier PM 6002 connected to computer CPU through Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB and cable.

TEXT GOES HERE
Downloaded Room Remote App on to my Huawei P20 Pro Dual Sim 6GB+128GB (CLT-L29) fails to connect after numerous attempts to Roon Core on my desktop.

Downloaded Room Remote App on to my iPad 6th generation) software version 14.3 fails to connect, after numerous attempts, to Roon Core on my desktop.

TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @John_Nicolades ,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Lots of people having the same problem with Roon remote 1.8.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.