Remote Core cannot be updated to 1.6 (bulid 401)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK is installed on the NUC8i3 (8G+128G SSD). After the installation, the version of the Operating System is 1.0 (build 174) and the version of Roon Server Software is 1.5 (build 354).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Huawei router PRO, 10MB fiber broadband access, using NUC Ethernet port connection.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

After downloading ROCK and successfully installing it on NUC8i3, when connecting to the core with iPad Roon, the Remote Core update is forced to be updated from 1.5 (bulid 354) to 1.6 (bulid 401). However, the update download process has been in the state of about 2%, and it is repeated many times. So, I can’t use Roon until now. I am very surprised, why don’t you package the latest version of the software in the ROCK installation image file? Please tell me what to do next, is there any other way to update?@support

Can you check out this thread? It may be related to your issue.

Cheers, Greg

Thank you! I don’t use a VPN, no VPN account, I don’t understand why Roon does not provide a new version of the file download at the same time? This way I can re-download and re-install the OS to solve. Since I can successfully download the installation files from the website, my network connection access should be no problem. I really hope that ROON can improve!

【I wrote it with Google Translate, hoping to express my meaning】

There was an issue where an old image was provided as the new image wouldn’t install on the latest NUCs but I though this had been resolved. Either way, updates are quite frequent so you need to address the update function to continue to get them.

OK, I got a friend company to borrow their VPN router and quickly solved the problem. Thank you!

No use… They have updated the link to provide the latest version. But you will still be requested to upgrade the remote core after you install the latest version of ROCK OS.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.