Remote dropping connectivity

Roon Remote (whether PC or iOS tablet) drops connectivity/won’t stay connected to ROON Core once the initial indexing and analysis is complete.

This occurs ONLY when the ROON Core is installed on a NUC (ROON ROCK) or SGC sonicorbiter i5; when Roon Core is installed on a windows 10 PC (NUC), it is totally stable and all forms of remotes can connect and stay connected.
In all cases, the initial “load/indexing” activity operates without issues.

I have disabled all firewalls.

I have unmanaged switches (Netgear GS108 and 116) and all the relevant components are hooked into the same switch (a single GS116 - NAS (QNAPTS215); Sonore microRendu; SGC SonicOrbiter or NUC/ROCK and then that switch feeds back to a GSS116E web managed switch that hooks into EA6300 router/WAP.

I have swapped out cables ad infinitum.

In reading the various posts on this board, my current assumption is that something in the GSS116E is causing the problems. But have found no specific reference to this unit.

I would appreciate any input / suggestions

Thanks

N

Hi @ukinne66 ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated!

I see that the GSS116E is a managed switch, we have seen a few issues crop up with these devices in the past ( Example: #1, #2, #3). I would recommend enabling flow control on the switch and see if this triggers a change in behavior here.

Let me know how it goes!
-Eric

I removed the GSS116E out of the network and replaced it with a non-managed switch.
Rebooted, rewired and same results - somewhat frustrated now.
I have an office set up that I am trying with a totally separate network to see how that might work.
Roon/Devialet functionality is pretty darned exciting though- thanks for that

I believe that my issues are network related and will attempt swapping out some hardware over the weekend.
My office/alternate set up is running smoothly using the same equipment that didn’t work at home.

Small Green Computing SonicOrbiter i5 -> ethernet - running ROON CORE
Synology DS215J NAS -> ethernet - Music Collection
MacMini Mac OSX 10.12.5 -> ethernet
Sonore microRendu 2.3 -> ethernet
Cisco Router RV 120W -> ethernet

On the home system, I switched out the managed switch for a plain GS116 switch, which feeds into another GS116 switch and then into a Linksys EA6300 Router acting as wifi and DNS server. All the music components are on the single GS116 router (NAS, ROCK, NUC/Remote/Windows 10)
I will try and cut out the extra switch and then try swapping the router.

Thanks