Remote on Android can't find ROCK

Hi @Just_Me,

Have you tried the other Access Point to see if the current networking equipment is a factor here?

That’s interesting… mind sharing a timestamp of when this issue is occurring? We can investigate this further:

1. There are no other relevant APs in that part of the house. The ROCK is connected only via ethernet (RJ45 cat 6 Gig-E)
  2. On the grouped issue - its soooooo consistent it must b part of your design - 100% consistent. As to a timestamp - what exactly do you want? The time is not important to you, so there must be more you want…

Thanks, Grant

Hi @Just_Me,

I wanted to check in with you to see if there’s been any change in behavior here since upgrading to Roon build 521?

I am not sure I quite understand this part - you have the laptop grouped as an audio zone with you other zones? And when you play to your individual zones and wake the laptop up, it automatically joins the grouped zone and music stops playing to your other zones (if I’m understanding correctly)?

Since i don’t know when build 521 occurred, i cant say for sure. But no meaningful changes, no.

And yes, you have the config right. I have the ROCK in the LR directly connected to a USB DAC ()actually a USB-> SPDIF converter --> DAC). That is grouped with the laptop which acts as the ethernet–> USB bridge for a USB DAC int he music room. When the laptop goes to sleep - it ceases to play (no surprise). When it wakes, all zones int he group (usually just the 2) stop until restarted. A minor issue.

Radio still periodically stops for no reason.

Hi @Just_Me,

I spoke to the technical team regarding this aspect and they have confirmed that this is expected behavior. When a zone that is part of a group re-joins the group the other endpoints also pause.

This seems like a bigger concern - does it happen with all radio stations or just one/some in particular?

Neither are particularly problematic. The grouped zone thing is not unexpected. The radio stopping happens with multiple stations Since i listen to a relatively few most of the time I cant really say whether there is a difference - but its not, for instance, one station. Mot NYC/NJ NPR stations, Radio paradise…and Typically once restarted it goes much longer - maybe 1+ hours. But then it will stop.

Not the end of the world, more a minor inconvenience. The issues I have raised with sign-in / sign out of roon cores is a much bigger concern since it prevents use under some conditions. (another thread but being studiously ignored by support, probably because they don’t like the answer)

Hi @Just_Me,

Is this the thread you are referring to?

It looks like it got auto closed since it appeared to be a one-time issue. If this is occurring again and it is reproducible, I can re-open it for you, do you wish for me to do this?

that is but one instance a bigger issue. I first brought this up when i moved, and needed to be able to switch cores, with no network connectivity (and no wifi in the ROCK due to the BIOS configuration YOU provide). Its not about the technical details, its about the rigidity of the license control method and the fact that your method assumes network connectivity. if your tech works perfectly 100% of the time, not issues, ok. But if its does not, it prevents legitimate users from being able to play their very expensive ($500 to you plus even more for the NUC) system. I have raised this in at lest three threads for different situations, but they all have a root issue: a very strict policy and an assumption that things work as your engineers imagine. Sometimes they don’t, and we, your customers, pay the price. no one even offered me a temporary authorization to get it working when i moved. I find that to be indifferent arrogance. Even Microsoft gives you a grace period before its protection kicks in, and they are not a model of flexibility.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.