Remotes are disconnecting from Core

Well, it is not in India_Kirby’s netwotk, but as stated before, I encounter the same problem, albeit (luckily) not frequently.
Symptomps are exactly the same.
Music keeps on playing (if playing)
Access from Roon Control is not possible, due to Roon not being accessible anymore.
Even the connection with Roon Control open on Win10 pc is disconnected.
I am still exploring this issue.
At this moment, I think (!) that it is linked with ipad air2 coming out of sleep status whilst roon app was still open.
Not conclusive however
DIRK

Hi @anon90297517 — I moved your post to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How often does this behavior occur?

Hello

My Roon Core is built on a purposed-built streamer platform - Pinkfaun 2.16.
This streamer runs Audiolinux on a PC motherboard, with AMD 2700 Ryzen processor & 32Gb high-speed; the system is headless, so no video card.
Further there are 2 SSD harddrives
Disk 1 : 250 Gb for OS and 2 applications : Roon Core + HQembedded. No other ‘user’ applications are installed.
My T+A 8 DSD Dac is connected directly to the streamer via USB.

My network is built up starting with a Linksys E4200 router, D-link DGS-1008D LAN switches, and 2 Wireless Repeater Magnilon WLR510.
I have 2 Squeezbox Touch connected wirelessly to the network and to Roon Core.

As Roon Remote Control, I am using 2 Win10 PC’s with fixed lan connection, 1 Win10 laptop connected via WIFI, and last but not least an Ipad Air2.

So far I have experienced the following problem 3 times in about 2 months (so not really a big issue, but apparently I am not the only one experiencing this behaviour).

Problem description:
I have been playing music for more than 1 hour or so, on the streamer in my main music system, meaning using the usb connection to my DAC.
Hereto I have been using my Ipad Air2 as remote control.

As another activity needed my attention, I have stopped playing music by just pushing the Pause button in the ‘Now Playing’ screen on the Ipad.
Then I closed the cover of the Ipad WITHOUT closing the Roon app. This means that the Ipad goes in sleep mode.

Coming back after, let’s say 1 hour, I try to play music again pushing the 'Play ’ button on the Ipad.
Nothing happens. In fact, not one single action can be done on the Ipad anymore.
Even worse, it is not possible to reach the Roon Core anymore from one of the 3 WIN10 PC’s - error message : Core not found.
The only solution is to reboot the streamer, and as such restarting Roon (I have no other way, as this is a closed, password protected system and I have no Linux knowledge).
After restarting, everything is working fine again.

Solution as for now : I allways stop the Roon Core app completely on the Ipad Air, before putting this one to sleep. Doing so I have not experienced the described problem anymore for about a month.

To conclude:

1. Not a big problem for me
  2. In my experience, problem seems to be linked with Roon Remote on the Ipad when this one has been put in Sleep mode.
  3. The Roon Core seems to crash, as it is not available from other Remote Controls.
  4. Workaround seems tobe to always close the Roon Control app completely on the Ipad, before putting it to sleep.

Last Remark:
I have tried to re-install the Roon Remote Control on the Ipad after 2 crashes. This apparently did not help, as I experienced the problem once more after that.

Kind Regards

Dirk

Thanks for the info here, @anon90297517!

I’ve passed this info along to our technical team for review.

Moving forward, I’d to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

The next time this issue occurs, please make a note of the time it happens. Then respond here with that time (as well as your timezone), and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hello
I have not run into my reported issue for more than 2 weeks now, although I have give it my best to recreate the reported issue.

therefore this support request can now be closed.
If I ever encounater the same problem I will open a new support request.

Thanks for your patience and support

Dirk

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.