Reset Roon Nucleus without web interface

Hi,
Bought a new Roon Nucleus today,.
Manually set the IP address. Thought I got it right. But cant see it anywhere.
Can I do a reset without the web user interface?
Or is there a way to find it?
Or can I just reset IP address without web interface?
I don’t have a USB to ethernet cable and would prefer not to have to buy one.

Thanks

You should be able to see the IP in Roon remote under settings on the general tab.

You can also find it in settings under the setup tab by clicking on configure roon os device.

Thanks for reaching out, @Allan_Rich!

Just to verify, you’re unable to see your Nucleus on the network at all? If you use a Windows or Mac device can you access it via File Explorer/Finder? Can you ping the IP address you set from one of these devices?

Have tried as suggested and found nothing. I usually use my browser to find an IP address.
FYI I have a conventional IP for my Modem/router.
DHCP at 192.168.0.1
And found my Roon
But also on a different net use a google mesh.
Purpose is better wifi around the house. I use it for Ipads Iphones internet of things etc.
I hard set the Roon Nucleus to 192.168.86.111.
It disappeared.

No luck. Its disappeared.

Hey @Allan_Rich,

Just to confirm, your Nucleus is connected to the conventional modem/router and not the Google WiFi router correct? If you instead connect the Nucleus to the Google WiFi router are you able to see if?

Thanks!

When I first saw it it was allocated an IP address from my Modem router, I changed it to an address so my hand held WIFI devices could see it.
I may have made a mistake in my IP address, thats why I want to find out if I can factory reset.
I only bought it today. Have no data to lose.

Hey @Allan_Rich,

In order to reset the Nucleus you’ll need to be able to connect to it. If you switch over to that IP range temporarily you should be able to connect to the Nucleus and change the IP address.

Thanks!
Dylan

Thanks Dylan,
I have been trying that.

You might try using Fing app to see what the IP address is.

Hey @Allan_Rich,

Just wanted to check in and see if you’ve had any luck getting connected to the Nucleus. As bearFNF mentioned, using an app like Fing to scan the network so you can get the IP address of the Nucleus may help. If you haven’t already I’d also suggest connecting the Nucleus and the remote device you’re using to the Google WiFi network and seeing if you’re able to connect that way.

Thanks!

As suggested by BearFNF, I’d use The Fing app to find it. Then in Fing you can scan it for services and select the service HTTP 80, which will open its web interface.

Type rock.local into your browser when connected to either subnet and see what happens.

Bought a USB to Ethernet adapter and used the second up address to reset the Roon.
So it’s no longer a brick!
Yay

Thanks Bear,
I’m going to have a play with fing, but problem sorted.

1 Like