Reset Roon Nucleus+ without web interface

Hi, Everyone
I have: Roon Nucleus+
I manually set the IP address from DHCP 192.168.1.71 to Static 192.168.1.81 and push the “save settings” button
I can’t see my Nucleus + anywhere.
I fully read topic Reset Roon Nucleus without web interface
this article doesn’t help me

even if I connect via USB. (Satechi USB-C adapter https://satechi.net/collections/hubs-docks/products/satechi-aluminum-multi-port-adapter-4k).
I’ve tried to connect Satechi in both ways to my Mac mini:
ethernet to Mac mini and type c via USB2.0 adapter to nucleous+
ethernet to nucleus+ and type c via USB2.0 adapter to Mac mini
I tried to use both addresses 192.168.1.71 and 192.168.1.81 as the web interface
but I can’t see it anyway

Can I do a reset without the web user interface?
Or is there a way to find it?
Somehow I’ve managed to ping it on 192.168.1.81 when it was connected to router but still couldn’t access web interface.

Please, comment this article: “Bought a USB to Ethernet adapter and used the second up address to reset the Roon.
So it’s no longer a brick!
Yay”

I don’t understand which second IP address Allan_Rich are talking

Please, help me :frowning:

Serial #94C691158CD6
I purchased it in Switzerland
music is stored on Nucleus+ I use SSD 2TB. It’s 86% empty. I have reservation copy on another disk.
My connection: Nucleus+ to Switch Netgear to Router to Internet. I use Roon app on Mac mini (Mojahe 10.4)
I have OEM router with latest firmware for wired connection and Apple TimeCapsule 2Tb for WiFi. I have mix of wired and wireless gear. I don’t have problem with internet in my home.
Am I correct that it’s impossible to reset device without web interface?

@support and going to move this to the nucleus support area

I’ve also tried to connect to 192.168.1.81 via PuTTy from windows machine on parallels on Mac mini, and got the error message that SSH connection is rejected

Please, comment this article: “Bought a USB to Ethernet adapter and used the second up address to reset the Roon.
So it’s no longer a brick!
Yay”
I don’t understand which second IP address Allan_Rich are talking

If you will connect usb ethernet adapter to usb port you will get second ethernet card for your Nucleus. And you will can connect your Nucleus to local network by connecting ethernet cable to ethernet port of usb ethernet adapter and will get access to Nucleus web interface.
I use such:

Hi Katun
Thank you for your advice.
I used this one45 with USB2.0 to USB Typec C adapter 24
I think this set is the same as yours

but I can’t find second ethernet card on my MacMini, maybe I need to connect my set to Windows notebook

should I put @support before my topic?
and how can I do it? where I need to put @support?

Support notification is done…with the @ support (no space) that I did above and you did twice in your last post. It’s a weekend so give support some time to get to this.

Dear wizardofoz
thank you!
I’m waiting…

Dear Katun
I tried on windows computer
can’t access to IP address it gets or that I manually setup

You have been very thorough

The differences I note, and what I did, in my case.

I changed from 192.168.0.1 DHCP allocated, to 192.168.87.114 so I could find it on my google wifi mesh network.

I could not find the nucleus anywhere. This is what I did…

1. I used a windows laptop.

2. I used a generic USB to Ethernet adapter (I wonder if the multi port adapter is a layer of complexity in this case)

3. I went to windows network settings in order “see” the adapter. I then set adapter (my laptop) to be the domain controller at 192.168.87.1

4. I disconnected from other networks eg wifi.

5. I then input 192.168.87.114 in my browser ( my IP address), and the Nucleus page appeared. I reset the IP address and rebooted the router.

Maybe try this:
1.connect usb ethernet adapter to usb port of your Nucleus and you will get second ethernet card for your Nucleus.
2. connect your Nucleus to local network (router) by connecting ethernet cable to ethernet port of usb ethernet adapter
3. start Roon Remote on Mac mini and connect to new Roon Core (on your Nucleus), look for “Settings” -> “Setup”

1 Like

Dear Allan, thank you for your reply
I tried:
on windows laptop
NOTE: everything is done without reboot or disconnecting nucleus+ from a laptop
connect USB adapter to nucleus and ethernet to laptop,
go to settings of adapter and see what the ip(169.254.161.44 autoconfig) it gets,

then try to open it with browser, with or without wifi.

I manually set up the setting to

192.168.1.81 which you can see on screenshot is the static ip in nucleus web interface when I could access it (when it was auto config by DHCP on 192.168.1.71).

gateway is my default gateway(192.168.1.1) that my router uses, I’ve also tried to set ip of router(192.168.1.85) and access the manually set IP.

still getting the message that web interface is inaccessible

Dear Katun,
Thank you very much it worked out!

This is the only right way without windows laptop I think
this topic may be closed!
I’m happy. :grinning:

1 Like

Dear Allan
The advice of Katun is worked out!
Thank you for your support

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.