Restore backup failed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
WIN10PRO / ROON 426 stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Cabled connectio TO QNAP NAS809

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
CHORD Qutest DAC

Description Of Issue
I took a lifetime membership today after a trial period. During the Trial (with other email address attached) I changed a lot of failures in the meta data of my source on the NAS. I merged albums, changed album pictures etc etc.

I made several backup’s afterwards which I kept on my NAS in an different folder as where the music Library is (as suggested on the forum).

After the definite membership today, I reinstalled the core on the windows machine, and without logging in I restored the last backup file. However, the changes were gone. I hope I missed something in the procedure rather than have to do all changed again.

Please help me out. Thank you.

Regards,
D. Peters

Backups are bound to the account AFAIK. There’s no possibility to restore a backup that originates from an other account.

Thx Blackjack, however if restoring in the start screen the procedure says to do that without logging in. So i doubt if this is hung up on the account

And also no edits.

Oke, thx, i guess i haven to start all over againt then. Another four days :frowning:

Blackjack, can it be explained that the DSP setting and other audio settings are on the contrary imported well ? And album data is not?

I surely can not as I’m just a fellow Roon user as you are.
I can only point you to the answers others got to the same question but you can find them also by yourself using the search function of the forum.

oke, thx Blackjack

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.