ROCK doesn't show BST

Hi @support is there a way to set clock in ROCK? I’m in the UK and it’s not adjusted for BST so is currently 1 hour behind. Can this be changed somehow?

1 Like

I’m in Melbourne, Australia where it’s even worse with +10 GMT. It would be nice if there was some way to set local time, and the ROCK web page then displayed it.

Maybe I am missing something but why does it matter, and where are you seeing a clock in ROCK in the first place?

You can access the Bios of the NUC and set the time there…F2 during a reboot get you into the bios.

I think rock uses UTC so that logs are all kept at the same time globally but I’m not sure if it similarly has an NTP process that will override the bios time setting.

There isn’t, but your remotes should follow the timezone of their respective devices. Where are you seeing the wrong time?

In the remote application on my windows machine.

In my case I’m running backups at 2 am and 3 am. Melbourne is GMT +10. In Roon 1.4, I had to set the time based on the time for the ROCK. I think it was 4 pm and 5 pm. That’s now fixed in Roon 1.5.

However, I’ve been supplying log files to Roon support so that they can find and fix an ongoing problem with backups. But because the log files use the GMT time of the ROCK there is a 10 hour disconnect between the local times I tell support about and the times reported in the logs.

Surely it makes sense to have the ROCK running on local time. Unless Roon has some valid reason for not doing so.

Ok, I’m still not getting it, where in the windows remote are you seeing a clock or time? I’ve looked all over and can’t seem to find it… :frowning:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Squeezebox time displayed in UTC