ROCK keeps deleting all music in local storage

Core Machine
ROCK Version 1.0 Build 186
Roon Version 1.7 build 537
Hardware is Intel NUC7i5DNHE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Core is hard wired gigabit to router.
Internet is LTE routed.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

All playback is fine but I’ll fill this our later if you want…

Description Of Issue
So, ROCK keeps deleting all local music content (well, all files and folders really) located on its local internal storage drive.

I keep my lossless and HD music locally on the ROCK \rock\Data\Storage
This path keeps deleting all contents. Not sure if it happens with version changes or what, but I have to recopy all my music back to the ROCK then re-scan and then the local content shows up again.

I mainly use TIDAL but do have a small collection of high res music that I keep on the ROCK itself. Once the ROCK removes the files and folders on \rock\Data\Storage they obviously become unplayable in Roon until I copy them back over and re-scan.

Any ideas why ROCK is doing this?

Thanks,
Andrew

From Roon OS Data Directory:

Note: You cannot store music on the Roon OS system drive.

If your Roon OS device has internal storage or a connected USB drive, you should see a folder in the /Storage directory:

If your /Storage directory is empty, your Roon OS device does not have media storage available. If you think something might be wrong, let us know.

Ahhh, I must have missed that part. Now I know why it was such a pain to map a storage location to the storage folder as the root. haha.

OK I threw on a usb drive and it immediately popped up as a source in Roon.

Thanks!
Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.