ROCK not seeing internal storage after restart

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on 10i7 NUC, latest stable release

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I had Roon running fine on a Windows PC with an external drive. I made a new Rock NUC with internal storage, (separate from the storage for the OS and database). I followed the roonlabs instructions for migrating carefully.

Whenever I reboot the NUC it seems as if Roon cannot see any files I previously copied to internal storage. Here’s what I do:

1. Start the NUC running ROCK
  2. Start Roon as a remote on a Windows PC
  3. Copy a file to internal storage on the NUC by drag-and-drop from USB plugged into the PC.

At this point I can see the file listed by Roon under Tracks and Albums. I can also see it in Explorer under \Rock\Data\Storage\InternalStorage. I can play the file. Roon Settings > Storage shows just one watched folder: “Roon Optimized Core Kit Internal Storage”.

1. Reboot the NUC, (without touching the PC or the USB plugged into it).

At this point I can still see the file I copied in Explorer under \Rock\Data\Storage\InternalStorage. But nothing is listed by Roon under Tracks and Albums, and Roon displays the message:
“It looks like one of your storage locations could be offline.
Go to storage settings and make sure everything is connected.”
Settings > Storage looks exactly as it did before, with just one watched folder: “Roon Optimized Core Kit Internal Storage”.

I am stuck. Please help

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trouble copying files to NUC internal storage under Roon ROCK