ROCK only left channel AAC Station

Hi, same problem http://ice912.echo.msk.ru:9120/24.aac
my set up is roon rock via hdmi stations with aac codec plays left chanel only
what is the problem?

Hi @Vladislav_Shkarovski,

Thank you for the additional report, I have spit your post into it’s own thread.

We are aware of a few similar reports, this is due to the ffmpeg version and how the radio station’s stream is being sent:

The dev team is aware of this behavior and we are investigating what can be done.

Noris, there problem with aac via roon only. Plays only left Chanel on different radio.

NUC Rock> hdmi >onkyo tx-sr707

Any Idea?

As I mentioned in my last comment, we are aware of there being an issue with ffmpeg on certain types of AAC radio stations, stations that are formatted as “SBR+PS”.

These types of stations send a special type of audio stream that is called parametric stereo and ffmpeg handles the conversion from one channel to stereo.

We have found that newer versions of ffmpeg are not converting this properly and the dev team is investigating what can be done for these types of streams.

We believe we have a good idea what is causing this issue and we hope to address this behavior in our next Roon release.

1 Like

Thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: AV Receivers with DoP Support?

We’ve just released Roon 1.7 (Build 500) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hi, noris! In New release I cant find my stations I created Before. Now new interface for radio

Are they not preserved in the “My Live Radio” section of your Library? The main Navigation menu in Roon now has two entries for Live Radio - the Live Radio entry, which is the browser for Roon’s Internet Radio directory, and the My Live Radio entry, which should hold the stations that you have added to your library.

1 Like

Yes, Just find it there) now work both channels

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.