rooAIDJ - Chat-based AI for Roon

Playlist support in rooAIDJ is a first approach only. I expect @Klaus_Engel will take up the suggestions for improvement in this regard. However, this will take some time as he is busy moving into his new house…

Best DrCWO

1 Like

You can switch it off

2 Likes

I think I will dig out a Pi and have a go at this. Thank you for your efforts.

1 Like

The voice can be turned of entirely, but what I mean is that once the voice has started taking there is no way to stop it.

where can I find the app for macOS,its not in the App Store Thanks

Should be. As I’m not a MAC user I can’t tell :blush:

I guess @Baker knows as he posted a screenshot above…

This and rooWatch are seriously improving my Roon experience. Thanks for that @DrCWO and @Klaus_Engel !!

• Would it be possible to just “add to queue”? Use case would be if I already have some music playing that I have sent to Roon from rooAIDJ. A follow-up prompt could then generate some more songs and allow me to append them.
  • Sometimes the queue shows up in the app, sometimes I’m having trouble getting it to show. How does it work exactly?
  • The Apple Watch app is not available yet, is it?
  • Edit: also, wouldn’t it make sense to keep the “Queue” moniker instead of “Playlists” as long as we’re not talking about persistent lists of songs? The latter suggests that these lists are not fragile, yet they are currently :slight_smile:
1 Like

An interesting playlist:

1. “Seven Days of Falling” - Esbjörn Svensson Trio: Album “Seven Days of Falling” (2003)
  2. “The Source” - Mats Eilertsen Trio: Album “And Then Comes the Night” (2019)
  3. “Song for E” - Bugge Wesseltoft: Album “New Conception of Jazz” (1997)
  4. “Miles Ahead” - Nils Landgren Funk Unit: Album “Funky ABBA” (2004)
  5. “Kolibri” - Lars Danielsson: Album “Libera Me” (1999)
  6. “The Windmills of Your Mind” - Iiro Rantala: Album “My Working Class Hero” (2011)
  7. “Copenhagen Blues” - Sinne Eeg: Album “Dreams” (2010)
  8. “Helsinki” - Verneri Pohjola: Album “Pekka” (2017)
  9. “The Return of Per Ulv” - Atomic: Album “The Bikini Tapes” (2006)
  10. “The Nightingale” - Jan Lundgren: Album “The Ystad Concert - A Tribute to Jan Johansson” (2011) b bv. N. B n.

I am not sure that all the tracks actually exist🤔

There is definitely no version of Miles Ahead on Funky Abba. :face_with_monocle:

I’m presuming as rooAIDJ is a playlist/queue based app that one cannot get albums added or am I just not asking the right questions?

.sjb

1 Like

It’s a hallucination of ChatGPT. Saw that before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There is a lot of hallucination in this playlist

Thank you for asking this. It is also on my list of questions.

I searched for rooAIDJ in App Store and it came up. I am using an M1pro MacBook. I am not sure if non apple silicon systems can run IOS apps though.

Can I use the same pi as my RooDial?

rooAIDJ only runs on Apple Silicon based Macs. We have a native App for MacOS that runs on both the Apple Silicon and Intel architecture. We will release this App later.

3 Likes

Easy install, works perfect, great enhancement of Roon, thanks a lot DrCWO!

Prerequisit is v3.2.0 of rooExtend which dies not run on ARMv6.
But if you have a Pi3/4, or a Zero 2W you are in :+1:t2:

1 Like

maybe AI is not quite ready for the big time yet?

(Get’s interesting after #44 and you just have to love the disclaimer at the end!)

Here are 100 of the most acclaimed songs with a place name in their title:

1. “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra

2. “London Calling” by The Clash

3. “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd

4. “California Dreamin’” by The Mamas & The Papas

5. “Viva Las Vegas” by Elvis Presley

6. “Streets of Philadelphia” by Bruce Springsteen

7. “Hotel California” by Eagles

8. “Walking in Memphis” by Marc Cohn

9. “San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)” by Scott McKenzie

10. “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys

11. “New York State of Mind” by Billy Joel

12. “Georgia on My Mind” by Ray Charles

13. “Chicago” by Sufjan Stevens

14. “Miami” by Will Smith

15. “Amarillo By Morning” by George Strait

16. “Philadelphia Freedom” by Elton John

17. “San Francisco Nights” by Eric Burdon & The Animals

18. “The Tennessee Waltz” by Patti Page

19. “New Orleans” by Gary U.S. Bonds

20. “I Left My Heart in San Francisco” by Tony Bennett

21. “The Streets of Laredo” by Marty Robbins

22. “The Battle of New Orleans” by Johnny Horton

23. “Galveston” by Glen Campbell

24. “The Night Chicago Died” by Paper Lace

25. “Detroit Rock City” by Kiss

26. “The Boys of Summer” by Don Henley

27. “London” by The Smiths

28. “The Miami Vice Theme” by Jan Hammer

29. “The Streets of Baltimore” by Gram Parsons

30. “The Streets of London” by Ralph McTell

31. “The Streets of Philadelphia” by Neil Young

32. “The Streets of Fire” by Bruce Springsteen

33. “The Streets of Cairo” by Sol Bloom

34. “The Streets of Arklow” by Van Morrison

35. “The Streets of Sorrow/Birmingham Six” by The Pogues

36. “The Streets of Bakersfield” by Dwight Yoakam

37. “The Streets of Gold” by Needtobreathe

38. “The Streets of Where I’m From” by Old 97’s

39. “The Streets of Your Town” by The Go-Betweens

40. “The Streets of San Francisco” by Henry Mancini

41. “The Streets of Calcutta” by Ravi Shankar

42. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by James Thornton

43. “The Streets of Lhasa” by Tsering Gyurmey

44. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Harem Girls’ Dream” by Sol Bloom

45. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by Sol Bloom

46. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Four Lads

47. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Andrews Sisters

48. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Three Stooges

49. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Boston Pops Orchestra

50. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The New Orleans Rhythm Kings

51. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Dixieland Jug Blowers

52. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Memphis Jug Band

53. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

54. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The California Ramblers

55. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Savoy Orpheans

56. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Six Brown Brothers

57. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Memphis Five

58. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Louisiana Five

59. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Indiana Five

60. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original New Orleans Jazz Band

61. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Wolverines

62. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Salty Dogs

63. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Capitol Orchestra

64. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Memphis Five

65. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jass Band

66. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

67. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Memphis Five

68. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

69. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

70. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

71. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

72. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

73. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

74. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

75. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

76. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

77. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

78. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

79. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

80. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

81. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

82. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

83. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

84. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

85. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

86. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

87. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

88. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

89. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

90. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

91. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

92. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

93. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

94. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

95. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

96. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

97. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

98. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

99. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

100. “The Streets of Cairo, or the Poor Little Country Maid” by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band

Note: This list includes some of the most acclaimed songs with a place name in their title, but it is not exhaustive and there are many other great songs out there.

.sjb

2 Likes

Indeed I’m terrified I’m going to have a finger slip whilst I’m having a drink or two and choose bedroom to play a generated list.

You really don’t want to a party to my divorce proceedings do you :grinning:

.sjb

1 Like