rooExtend – The easy start with Roon Extensions

Thanks Doctor, this is shaping up to be a great release and I am looking forward to testing it.

Funnily enough I unplugged my Harmony remote, and it is currently sitting in a box in my study.

1 Like

I like to give you an update regarding rooExtend v3.0.0.

I have a running Alpha version now that only lacks the WiFi connection that I still have to test and install. As I will be out over the weekend with my sons making a Mountainbike trip you can expect the v3.0.0 till end of next week.

I decided not to offer a beta as v3.0.0 was already well tested for my rooExtend-Box approach. This will also be available next week by my distributer ATR.

I will keep you informed.
Best DrCWO

6 Likes

Hi Dr. CWO,

hope you and your sons had a nice bike trip with sunshine the last weekend!

When the Version 3 will be final, is there the rooHead structure included? ( Yes, I will be happy like a child when this will work out good )

Best regards

Sebastian

Oh, nice.
There seems to be a „Vorzugs-Bundle“ ( „Best-Buy-Bundle“ )
option for buying all licenses at once…?!
Interesting!

Not yet, planned for Xmas :blush:

At the moment only available for the new rooExtend-Box coming till end of the week…

1 Like

Bad news from me.

Today I learned I have to travel till end of the Week so v3.0.0 will be delayed :cold_sweat:

Best DrCWO

My congratulations for the rooextend box as a ready setup!

Can’t wait until Christmas…:rofl: Thanks for the quick info.

2 Likes

No software at all and ever before had an “in time” release….
We will wait patiently. :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hey Doc, I was wondering if we can we expect the 3.0.0 update this week.

You can :+1:
Still doing some work today. Tomorrow and Saturday gardening with my wife (ahe claims her rights :smiling_face:) and on Sunday Evening I plan to finally release v3.0.2. As I plan to keep rooExtend for the Pi and the new rooExtend-Box in sync it will be v3.0.2 instead of v3.0.0 :innocent:

Thanks’ for your patience.

Best DrCWO

5 Likes

Great news Doc, looking forward to the next release as always :+1:

1 Like

Awesome, really looking forward to the OTA functionality.

1 Like

Hi, ever since the latest Roon update, I keep losing the Roo Dial extension. I have to open settings, then it only shows RooExtend in the extension section with a message, “no USB stick”. It takes about 10 seconds then for the other extensions to show up. (RooDial and RooControl). Any insight?

Seams as your Roon Core drops connection to rooExtend.

• Try to shutdown Roon and rooExtend.
  • Restart Roon, wait until it is ready
  • Restart the Pi

Did you run the Pi with WiFi or Ethernet?
With WiFi this happens much more often than with Ethernet.
But this does not depend on the Release you use.

Best DrCWO

Thanks for the tip. I will try to your suggestion and report back. I am using Pi Zero W, so ethernet is not an option. Had I known, I would’ve sprung for the full Pi with ethernet. Hope this fixes the issue.

It’s sort of an option, I’m using a “OTG Micro B Ethernet Adapter for Linux Raspberry Pi Zero W” with a Pi Zero to make it wired and it seems to work fine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AT4C3KQ

2 Likes

I also noticed with the recent Roon releases that extensions often drop off and need to be pinged to wake them up. It’s not limited to RooExtend. I use several extensions -three RooExtend boxes, extension manager, deep harmony, web controller. They all seem to randomly drop off. Hoping this is fixed.

All my extensions seem to be Rock solid since the update.
I have seen this before though and usually it required a shutdown of the RooExtend devices and Roon and a full reboot and then everything worked again (at least for me)

“Have you tried turning it all off and back on again” should be a sticky at the top of the support category…

1 Like