rooExtend – The easy start with Roon Extensions

There was a list of about 12 steps to get Ro watch working. That’s all that I saw.I appreciate you taking the time to reply- Perhaps if you know whether the answer is yes or no you could tell me, or if you’re not sure point me to some documentation I can pour through

You have to buy a SpaceMouse a MS Dial plus the licenes for roo6D and rooDial. This all will run on ONE Pi simultaneiusly.
rooDial and rooNuimo cannot run in parallel but the others can.

Best DrCWO

Thank you. Microsoft surface dial has been ordered.

Hi Guys,
I’m back from my holiday and added a new offer for the rooExtend users of a Pi4 FLIRC case.

I am now ready to ship the “rooExtend Lids” for this case. I am sorry that the price tag got a bit higher as announced in August last year but my manufacturer increased its price as the material he has to buy got more expensive :frowning:

Please visit my homepage (https://rooExtend.com) to see my offer.

Best DrCWO

The lid should also fit the RPi3 FLIRC cases too. At least the plastic original lids are interchangeable.

I hope you have had a nice holiday. I was wondering when the new Rooextend v2.2.3 will be available to download?

Holiday was great!
I had a six week and 2000km Mountainbike trip from northern Germany to Rome in Italy. Only dirt trails :grinning:

Regarding your question I posted something here:
Extension to display cover art on a sense hat attached to a Raspberry Pi - Tinkering / Roon API - Roon Labs Community

As I must be out for a business trip the first weeks of July you can expect the v2.3.0 at beginning of August. As you can see in the linked post it is already up and running in my study :+1:

Best DrCWO

4 Likes

Good to hear and also wow, quite impressive I may add. Sounds like allot of planning went into this adventure. Any massive bike part failures during the trip? Did you need to service/replace allot of bicycle parts?

Thanks for the update regarding 2.3.0, kind of a bummer we have to wait another month for the Nuimo buttons addition though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Had to replace brake pads after the first 1000km and got a flat tire. Not so bad :+1:
And NO planning at all! Just started driving. At the end of the day I always found a place to rest via Booking :grinning:

Hi to all subscribers of this thread.

I am really sorry about the mail bombing :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

I used the mail service of Sellcodes to announce the lid and this service seems to have an issue.
In future I will prepare a list of my customers and send the mail with by outlook to this list,
no more relying on the Sellcodes mail service.

This means in future you should receive ONE mail only if I announce anything new.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best DrCWO

6 Likes

Hahaha, can’t say I noticed :joy:

We’re you bike packing DrCWO? What bike do you ride?

I’m almost a bit embarrassed, but now that I’m a bit older, I took the liberty of buying my first e-bike.
It is a Rotwild RX375 Pro

2 Likes

I just bought RooWatch today. Works flawlessly.

Does the watch exhibit battery drain after installation? I was using the app and then left the house for errands for a couple hours and noticed the app was still on and saying no connection to the core or something to that effect. Anecdotally it seemed like I lost more battery percentage than I normally do in 2 hours. Is it continually looking for the core and is it advisable to quit the app when not on the LAN?

Looking for beta testers for rooPlay!

Hi folks,
I will have rooExtend v2.3.0 beta with the new Roon Extension rooPlay ready during the next few days :+1:

What is rooPlay? rooPlay allows you to…

• play music from your iPhone directly through Roon and its DSPs.
  • play LPs through Roon (*).
  • record from LP or other analog or digital sources to a USB-stick in FLAC quality (*).
  • play music CDs through Roon (with an external USB CD-ROM drive (**).
  • play various audio test signals available in rooPlay.

(*) with an external class compatible audio interface and an external phono preamplifier
(**) with an external USB CD-ROM drive. Apple Superdrive is supported :grinning:

Building rooPlay was quite an effort and a lot of changes also in my other Roon Extensions had to be done. This is the reason why I ask for some brave guys here, willing to test v2.3.0 Beta 2 to prevent damage for the later adopters.

My special interest is in testing rooPlay it in combination with my other Roon Extension rooDial, rooNuimo, roo6D, rooWatch, rooUPnP and also Roon Bridge all one the same Pi!

For those of you willing to test () and give me substantial feedback I will offer the final license of rooPlay with 60% off.

Please don’t ask questions here. Just write me “I’m in” in a PM.
I will open a new rooPlay beta testing thread and add all you beta testers. I also will answer all your questions in this private thread.

Thanks’ you for your support.
Best DrCWO

2 Likes

Does this new beta also include the promised new Nuimo button customizability?

If you mean the button that disables heartbeat this should be in…

That’s nice. Did you also add the previous / next track customizations and double/triple press options discussed earlier?

This yes, double/triple not yet :cold_sweat:

Does it also support HDMI display of what’s playing as advised earlier

It does :grinning: You see the Roon Display with its nice Artwork.

1 Like