rooExtend – The easy start with Roon Extensions

There’s this

1 Like

i’m lost. i had extensions in Roon previously. everything gone now. repeated installs of rooextend onto separate pi4. selected various wifi. nothing ever restores extensions to Roon. installed VM and diet pi. some extensions, however no sign of roowatch. now i need to do WHAT? my roon on NUC is LAN. Bridge is LAN. TIDAL, Amazon is LAN. rooextend is on wifi. rooextend pi4 appears on wifi rooextend when boot. after that it disappears regardless of what wifi i connect to. honestly cannot grasp what I have done and now need to do.

Hi, I have a problem with rooExtend. Roon display can’t show some characters (like japanese, chinese).

Hi @Ting-Yi_Liao,
I wonder why :thinking:
I use the Chromium browser and display HTML content things I get from Roon Core. Did you get a correct result using Chromecast on a TV for example?

Best DrCWO

Delighted to report that having added the bluetooth antenna the pi is now showing up in Roon Extensions when connected to the network with a wired connection. The only thing that I have changed was the addition of the bluetooth antenna, but it’s now showing up and working perfectly when connected with a wired connection.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice - much appreciated!

1 Like

Got the roowatch setup this afternoon, all is working well except for Siri control. I am wondering if the recent phone update is preventing this from working properly now. My watch is currently running on watchOS 9.3 (on Apple Watch 5). Everything else is working flawless, nice work and really enjoying the app!

Hi @William_Brown,
please check out my setup and usage videos for rooWatch .

Until now I have no knowledge that there is an issue with the new WatchOS.

Please for further questions on rooWatch use the corresponding rooWatch Thread.

Best DrCWO

RooExtend

ChromeCast Ultra

Hi @Ting-Yi_Liao,
I can reproduce this with the shown album. Seems the fonts are missing.

I will try to find out why…

Edit: Found the missing fonts. Will provide an update till end of week

Best DrCWO

1 Like

:exclamation::exclamation: Update v3.0.7 is out :exclamation::exclamation:

I added Japanese fonts for the HDMI display of Roon artwork.
Please reboot your Pi after the update so the new fonts got loaded by Chrome.
No further changes are included.

Best DrCWO

:exclamation::exclamation: Update v3.0.8 is out :exclamation::exclamation:

Now Roon bridge and NAA can be enabled at the same time.

Best DrCWO

3 Likes

Hi DrCWO,

I recently tried updating from 3 Rpi Zeros to 3 Rpi 3’s. Unfortunately, I didn’t know I had to revoke licenses, and I’m redoing my home tech stack. I don’t have access to a revocation feature for my old rooDial licenses. Any chance you can help? I have all the original receipts, and the original Pi Zeros.

The good Doc may have other methods, but can’t you just reinstall on the old Zeros, license, revoke and reinstall on the 3’s? You should be OK reinstalling new rooExtend on the same hardware it was licensed on.

1 Like

If you have the original Pi Zeros just insert a SD-Card image if rooExtend and enter your license key. If you got the right Pi Zero for the key it can be licensed again as the license is bound to the processor ID of the Pi.

Having this up and running you can revoke the license and use it on a Pi3.

If you did not know which license was installed in which Pi Zero you have to try. One of them will work on the Pi Zero you currently use.

Hope this helps.

Best DrCWO

This is briljant!

1 Like

I feel stupid for not thinking of that myself!

Oops, and thank you both!

EDIT: Nearly successful, @DrCWO below I have two different Pis but only one shows rooPlay, is there a reason for this?

1 Like

Loving the rooUPNP extension, first time I can use the Roon UI with an adapted Android UAPP player which I love for its sound quality.
One thing though, when I start playing a track, the play time indicator first stays a few seconds at zero, then jumps to a seemingly random time somewhere in the middle of the track.
Is the time indicator communicated from UAPP via rooUPNP back to Roon or is it the other way around?
Pushing the track to a certain time on the UI seems to set it to that time correctly, to then go off sync again shortly thereafter.
Any thoughts?

Seems to be a “feauture” :wink: of your UPnP device. I never observed that anywhere else. UPnP is a weak standard so different implementations behave different. Some work perfect, some a bit - like yours - others not at all…

I only see 3.0.6 on google drive?

Will update automatically between 2AM an 4AM. So install and go to bed. Tomorrow 3…0.8 will be there :grinning:

1 Like