rooExtend – The easy start with Roon Extensions

I am interested in trying the QKeys remote in my systems. I have to admit that the volume control in my Nuimo’s is so nice. DrCWO if you are still looking for beta users please send me a link. As a side note my ultimate wish for all of these controllers is to be able to function in the Apple Ecosystem. As a lifetime ROONie and heavy apple user this option would be a game changer.

I understand your request but rooMax is for Roon only. I fear you have to unplug the dongle from the Pi and connect it to your PC :cold_sweat:

I guess you have to stay with the Pi for some more time. In the long run I plan to offer a rooExtend-Server image for x86 PCs that will include a Roon Server together with rooExtend. But if this will run on a MAC? I don’t know…

I would be happy to be a beta tester

1 Like

Ok thank you for the explanation🙂

@DrCWO

I know you are busy with integrating new hardware, but do you have an ETA for Spotify connect implementation?

2 Likes

Here the upcoming themes on my long term worklist:

• Publish rooMax (hopefully during the next few weeks. Beta test is nearly finished.

• Upgrade rooPlay to Roon’s Audio API to get rid of the default rooPlay Radio Station

• Upgrade rooDial for offering more commands and a second layer

• Build rooSpotify (seams to be not too complicated after the rooPlay update)

• Add device control capabilities for RME ADI-2 class of devices to rooMax

• Build rooIR with the FLIRC IR USB dongle

I can’t promise a date for spotify at the moment but it is high priority and will happen probably at the beginning of Q4 2024.

Hope this helps.
Best DrCWO

3 Likes

Would that get rit of the 10 sec delay in Rooplay? That would be awesom….

No would not :sleepy:
This is caused by the internal Roon buffers for Radio.

Hi DrCWO,

Did RooIR fall of the roadmap?

Cheers.

Thanks’ you’re right :+1:
Forgot to add it as this is not close enough to my time schedule. Added it it to the list now :wink:

1 Like

Are demo keys available for the DIY edition? I’d like to test compatibility and performance in my system.

Hi @Arne_Quanbeck,
as rooExtend is out for several years now it is in an absolutely stabe state now. This is why I don’t offer demo keys.

You can purchase a license key as a monthly subscription and cancel it if you don’t like it or if you decide to get a lifetime license. The monthly subscriptions are cheap, so it’s not a big loss of money.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

That’s sounds cool….can include a learning option too? Maybe integrate with roomax for sending things like iR fan control :muscle:

1 Like

After using rooExtend for a couple of years, it suddenly is not accessible anymore. It was running at version 3.3.3.
Now I saw there is a version 3.4.0 dated 30 July 2024.
Is it possible that this is a reason?
What can I do for troubleshooting?

Have you tried to reboot your Raspberry Pi?

Yes, I did. Unfortunately again still inaccessible.

It is quite rare that a beta test induced so much fun, like rooMax. Most powerful automation tool for Roon I am aware for an incredible low price. Contact @DrCWO and get a demo version.
Highly recommended.

2 Likes

:exclamation::exclamation: rooExtend v3.4.0 is out :exclamation::exclamation:

Release 3.4.0 introduced a new Roon Extension rooMax :+1:

rooMax supports the Quick Keys controller from Xencelabs and adapts it for perfect usage with Roon.

Like always I have set up an extra support thread for rooMax. Please feel free to contact me and also the beta testers here and ask your questions.

It will install automatically at all Raspberry Pi instances running v3.x.x or above.

The release for the rooExtend-Box is not yet published!

Best DrCWO

3 Likes

This are great news.
As a rooExtend-Box user I hope the update for it will follow soon!
I”am so curious to test it with my Quick Keys!

1 Like