rooHead - Incredible Headphone Sound

Hi @Enno14,
I will do two things in near future but (sorry) not exactly what you requested :cold_sweat:

• Bring rooHead to the Web. With this you can calculate the headphone equalizers with your browser. One difference: License will be 15$ only but bound to exactly ONE Manufacturer-Type combination.

• Fix the rooDial time delay in v3.1.x of rooExtend

Please understand that for me it makes no sense to port back the current v3.x.x. to v2.x.x. It would be a lot of backward looking work instead of going forward.

But first I have to finish the English version of the rooExtend-Box User Manual and then I will try to find out where the rooDial issue comes from.

Best DrCWO

@Enno14

If you have an extra SD card or RPI you can also create your roohead filters with 3.x and then just go back to 2.x. Once you select your headphone and download the filter there is really no need to go back to the extension…

I am looking forward to 3.1 to solve the delay issue. Thank you @DrCWO!

2 Likes

Thank You for the tip @Henry_Svendblad. But than it would be faster if I would download the convolution files directly from GitHub. And it would be for free.

I mainly purchased the licence for convenience, comfort an the possibility of tweaking the lower and upper end of the frequency spectrum.

1 Like

I doubt it would be “faster”, since I’ve done both. Plus you wouldn’t get the benefits of the tilt, boost, multiple bit rates, etc, all of which are great reasons to buy roohead.

SD Card costs about 5 bucks, so if you don’t like my low cost solution to your problem, then please move on…

1 Like

Yeah, moving on…

@DrCWO was so kind to provide me some (customized) filters for my headphones as an interim solution until rooDial is fixed in 3.1. Great service. :+1:

3 Likes

@DrCWO Any Update /news on the RooHead Web Service?

thx!

1 Like

If you use Android you can use wavelet and it has the same filters built in to it although they don’t use convolution they sound just as good to me. I use it with my Android DAP and works with ARC.

1 Like

My god… U make my day, im gonna install this when I arrive home.

Thanks!!!

I’m always happy to provide useful things. Since roohead I use my old Sennheiser HD580 Precision with joy :+1:

Best DrCWO

RooHead is not listed in my extension out of the box. Do I have to wait for an update? How can I force and update? Thanks

Please see my answer in the rooExtend-Box thread.
rooExtend-Box: Plug-And-Play for Roon Extensions - Audio Gear Talk - Roon Labs Community

Best DrCWO

I’ve bought licenses for both roohead and rooAIDJ but having issues trying to install them. Roon keeps saying that they’re un-licensed?? How can I resolve this matter? Has anybody else seen this issue?

Can you detail what you steps you followed or can you share what errors you are getting or what you are seeing? E.g. Did you receive the license key via email or can you retrieve them from sellcodes? Did you add the keys in roon/extensions? Did you read the documentation?

1 Like

Hi,

Just got RooExtend and loving it (especially the RooWatch control).
I purchased RooHead and I have a concern.

I have the Beyerdyamic DT 1990 Pro headphones.
It comes with two different types of ear pads, each of which significantly changes the sound.

One is the analytic and the other is the balanced.

However, in RooExtend, the only profile available for this headphone is with the
Dekoni Elite velour earpads, which is an aftermarket ear pad that I don’t have and don’t intend to buy.

If I go to Jaakko Pasanen’s Github page, he lists profiles for the analytic and balanced pads.

How do I get these profiles into RooHead?

Thanks

Just add them manually into the PEQ, it’s all I did for my headphones, takes about 5 minutes per headphone.

Roohead, which I have never used is convenient but if you have only a few headphones, you’ll get them added quickly manually.

If you are lucky enough to have 20 headphones that’s different.

Why manually enter the PEQ values if you can simply use the wav file as a convolution filter?

1 Like

Indeed, it could not be more simple. I have 5 pairs of headphones in regular use and all have convolution wav from git including various pad options for my ZMF cans.

It was, how do you say… simple.
Very simple.
Also free…

Manually adding them is simple, it’s the method I chose and is an option available on Roon.
Use the convulsion filter method if preferred.

I will check next week and hopefully find the reason why…

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Hi @Chickenlittle,
now I finally found time to look for your complaint.

You say Jaakko has them and rooExtend not. This is definitely wrong.
The screenshot you posted shows the content from Jaakko for the DT 1900 but not the DT 1900 PRO

For the DT 1900 both are available same as at Jaakko. But for the DT 1900 PRO they are missing in rooExtend and also at Jaakko.

So nothing is wrong here at all :+1: :smiley:

Best DrCWO

1 Like