Roon 1.2 crashing daily in OS X 10.11.6

I awake nearly every morning to another unexpected crash with Roon 1.2. Running on OS X 10.11.6. Not sure what the failure mode is. I discover the crash when the iOS app won’t connect.

Hi @umami ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. I would like to grab some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look into this issue. I will be contacting via PM momentarily with instructions.

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi!
I have the exakt same problem. Will be happy to help with logs if needed.

same problem - iPad Air 2 – was working perfectly until I installed new iOS and new Roon app. Cannot get connected, or if connected, can’t hold the connection. Almost no service using the iPad (which I bought specifically to control the system).

I am using Roon and Tidal both in my trial period with a clean Windows 10 HTPC as a server and iPad/iPhone remote connection. At first Tidal stop playing and skips connection. Shortly after that my roon connection get lost and my server freezes.

If I restart my HTPC than I have to write my login credentials on both the iPhone and the iPad.

@Thomas_Rosander, @Eugene_Levine, and @Enno14 — May I kindly ask all of you to confirm the following information for me:

1. A description of your current setup as seen, here

2. A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.

3. Is this issue reproducible? If so can you identify any patterns or steps?

I would like to have all of you confirm the above for me first, as I believe there may be some confusion here. This thread is about Roon Core crashing on OSX. If your remote device is having trouble connecting or if you’re sure your Core is crashing but on a different platform, I’m going to split your post out to a different thread so we can handle each issue accordingly.

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi Eric!

Heres´s my config:
Roon, latest version with the Sierra fix for external network drives
Mac OS Sierra latest version
Mac Mini mid 2011, 2,7GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD
Music stored on a Drobo 5N on the network
Collection is roughly 4200 albums

Issue:
Roon crashes without any warning suddenly. No workload at all. Sometimes when playing a track and sometimes when just being idle.
When I restart it starts to recalculate the library again.

Reproductible:
As it seems - no. The problem occurs as above without any visible stress to the system.

BR,
Thomas

1 Like

OK, it seems that my major problems are gone away. My SSD was full (maybe too much artwork) and so the RAAT server stopped working/crashed. At first TIDAL, then Roon stopped. Maybe there could be a routine programmed with a warning bevor the disc is full. :slight_smile:

1 Like